PDA

View Full Version : New Here...Please help with MOSHIDRAW K40 engaver

neil moralde
12-30-2012, 4:28 PM
greetings guys and happy new year

ive just joined and am very new to the laser engraving game

i just brought a cheap chinese K40 engraving...(i know...i should have known better)

anyhow the problem is that it worked fine for about 1 hour then suddenly the X and Y axis just stopped moving or responding...

doesnt even go to home position when you turn the machine on...

the software is working fine and the laser is recognised by the computer...everything appears fine....other than the steeping motors just refuse to move

when the machine is OFF you can freely move both axis...but when it is on they are very hard to move by hand...

i hope ive described this properly...im certain this problem may have been experienced by others who can guide me through this prom

many thanks in advance

PS...remember i need answers for DUMMIES...LOL

neil moralde
12-30-2012, 5:59 PM
hmmmm...40 views and no solution....guess this machine is about to hit the trash bin....lol

Ross Moshinsky
12-30-2012, 6:06 PM
There aren't many people on here with that machine.

Most likely the motion control system died. Lightobject has a kit to upgrade the parts into something usable. It's not cheap at around $500 but otherwise you're essentially throwing out a $700 investment.

neil moralde
12-30-2012, 6:29 PM
There aren't many people on here with that machine.

Most likely the motion control system died. Lightobject has a kit to upgrade the parts into something usable. It's not cheap at around $500 but otherwise you're essentially throwing out a $700 investment.

yes i too am assuming something like that died...

all after just 1 hour

guess the chines love us suckers

thanks for your reply ross...much appreciated

Lance Mills
12-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Hey Neil, you're best to try and locate the manufacturers online and ask them direct as most seem to have a Q & A person, my people were very helpful with some issues I had. Happy New Year from New Zealand.

neil moralde
12-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey Neil, you're best to try and locate the manufacturers online and ask them direct as most seem to have a Q & A person, my people were very helpful with some issues I had. Happy New Year from New Zealand.

and a happy new year over the ditch to you....

did you or do you have a K40 chines Laser

and if so...did you have these same problems and how did you overcome them?

regards from the right side of the ditch..LOL
neil

walter hofmann
12-31-2012, 5:16 AM
Hi neil
go back to the seller I hope you have bought them with paypal or ebay then you coverd from there insurance send the seller a message tell them what is happen and request a new moshiboard, but do it over ebay or paypal that they can see your comunication.
right now is a bad time because there is new years holliday in china till at least the 15.
I had many K40 machines from people and they all converted to a DSP, because even if you get it back to work most of this machines die pretty soon again.
if you need help with converting and parts sen me a email to a542002@hotmail.com
greetings
walt

Mick Unsworth
05-22-2013, 8:38 AM
I realise this is an old thread but I am new to the world of laser engravers and I made the mistake of buying the same laser and running Moshidraw 2013.
The same fault happened to me after only 35 minutes. The supplier sent me a new moshiboard and the same thing happened after 2 hours.
The problem as it turns out is not the machine itself but is in fact the software, it writes corrupted data to the chip and renders it useless.
After many hours of surfing the web I found this blog

If you read the section about the Moshiboard and follow the instructions it should fix the problem it certainly did for me and I now have 2 working boards.
Also you will need to get hold of an earlier version of Moshidraw.

Once again I am sorry is this post comes to late to help you out, but hopefully it will help any future users that experience the same problems

Isaac Clarke
05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Any chance you could PM me the link?

Mick Unsworth
09-03-2013, 2:07 PM
Any chance you could PM me the link?

My sincere apologies for not getting back to you Isaac, this is the first time I have been on here for months due to ill health and work commitments.
Anyway it may be too late now but here is the link to the moshiboard fix,
I hope it does the trick for you as it worked for me and has done for a few others that I recommended it to.
Good luck and sorry once again for the delayed answer.