PDA

View Full Version : The real Super Bowl is on right now.. (Steelers/Browns)

Rich Engelhardt
12-30-2012, 2:47 PM
Steelers 10
Browns 10

Just after half time.

W/both teams out of post season play, they can go all out and not have to worry about "injury".

Perfect game conditions - 20's and light snow.

This is win/win for me since I'm a fan of both...
However - I'm rooting for the Brown and Orange today. A season sweep would be a nice touch.

Rich Riddle
12-30-2012, 9:03 PM
I thought the Browns became the Baltimore Ravens a few years ago.

Rich Engelhardt
12-31-2012, 7:50 AM
yes/no

Art Modell, owner of the team, tried to relocate the Browns to Baltimore and rename it the Ravens
We won the court battle that followed. Modell got to start a new franchise called the Ravens.
Cleveland got to keep the team history & records (and rivalries) once expansion allowed for a "new" Browns.

David Weaver
12-31-2012, 9:20 AM
It looks like the good guys won. I don't really have a dog in the fight, being a transplant to the area, but I don't know what the Pittsburgh sports fans will do now that Hockey season is in limbo and there's no local basketball team. Of course, there isn't one in Cleveland now, either, but thanks to the magic of Cable TV packages, most Clevelanders can still get Miami coverage to watch Lebron.

I can imagine if you tell most people you're a fan of both the browns and the steelers, then everyone will have a negative reaction. I've never been anywhere before that people are so nutty about two sports teams (the third is an exercise in indifference for most, though).

I won't even talk about the goofiness of Baltimore (grew up near there) whining about the colts for YEARS and then they were ready in a second to take the Browns from Cleveland, no problem, no objection or "oh...now we're doing the same thing to them".

Rich Engelhardt
12-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Being a fan of both, for the right reasons, is cool with both sides.
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and moved to the Cleveland area when I was 10 going on 11.
The Steelers are my "home team".
The Browns are my adopted team & the "local team".

Did the Cavs fold up and I missed it? I'd insert a winkey face here, but,,,,,I don't pay any attention to Clevleand basket ball & for all I know, they may well have snuck out of town...