PDA

View Full Version : Stanley 2101A problem

Cody Cantrell
12-30-2012, 9:32 AM
Yesterday at an antique store I picked up a 2101A 10" brace for $4. I thought it was my lucky day until further examination I found the jaws missing. I figured for $4 I could hold onto it for a while. My question is were to get a replacement set of jaws? Does any other set of Stanley jaws fit? Thanks for any help

Cody

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
12-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I've seen them on eBay occasionally. I don't think the replacement jaws that Stanleytoolparts used to sell (they all appear out of stock now) actually fit, but they might be worth a shot if you came upon a pair cheaply. Best bet might be to pick up another junker somewhere - I know I've come across braces with jaws, but no handles or something like that and seen them go cheap.

Bill Houghton
12-30-2012, 12:19 PM
You might contact one of the used tool dealers. My favorites are Clarence Blanchard at the Fine Tool Journal, Walt Quadrato at Brass City Records and Tools, and Pete Niederberger at pniederber@aol.com. You can find the first two by Googling the company names. Walt's not very responsive to his e-mail - call him, and have a cup of coffee or something at hand, because the man does love to talk.