PDA

View Full Version : Kreg Levelers?

Mark Largent
12-29-2012, 5:57 PM
Have any of you used the Kreg Levelers for installing a plate on a router table. I got a set for Christmas, but I've got an Incra plate on its way to me. Are they compatible? If they are, are the levelers worth using?

Joe Cowan
12-29-2012, 6:00 PM
Have any of you used the Kreg Levelers for installing a plate on a router table. I got a set for Christmas, but I've got an Incra plate on its way to me. Are they compatible? If they are, are the levelers worth using?

I have them on my router table. It is impossible (to me) to cut a perfect depth recess for the plate to set in. These levelers make it so you can adjust in very small amount, thus getting your plate perfect. It is a must have in my opinion.

Mark Largent
12-29-2012, 6:15 PM
Thanks, Joe.

Do you know if they only work with the Kreg plate, or can I use them with my Incra plate?

Todd Davidson
12-30-2012, 9:58 AM
The Kreg levels can be used on any plate (or plate size or lift for that matter). I just helped a buddy construct a double router table - used the Kreg levels for both plate openings - actually one opening holds a Woodpecker's Plungelift and the other a Bench Dog Aluminum Plate (w/a PC 3HP Plung Router). The Kreg levelers have no problems supporting the weight of either... FWIW - the Kreg levelers were purchased off of eBay for $21 shipped....

glenn bradley
12-30-2012, 11:09 AM
The Incra plates are similar to the Woodpeckers which have 10 leveling screws built in. You can certainly use them, and they are a good design but, you do not need them. There is some concern about plate leveling screws dimpling the rabbet shelf on wood composite router table tops thus fouling the leveling effect. I have had a 13lb router hanging in a Woodpecker PRL (no lightweight even without the router, the lift has a plate as you describe) and have no dimpling issue in the MDF rabbet shelf after years of use. I put a drop or two of superglue where the screws would hit and there are marks but nothing to worry about.