PDA

View Full Version : A thank you to our Moderator, Ken Salisbury

James Carmichael
04-27-2005, 11:05 AM
It occurred to me that I hadn't given Ken any kudos in quite awhile.

I have to admit that I haven't always been a fan of Ken's diligent policing of the Creek, but when I look at other WW forums, they may have some useful information, but I tire quickly from the obnoxious, petty, and non-relevant posts. Ken keeps the Creek on track and a great place to visit, a site I wouldn't mind my kids visiting.

So, a big thanks to Ken!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-27-2005, 11:11 AM
A big "DITTO" for Jim's comments!

Martin Shupe
04-27-2005, 1:46 PM
I'll third that motion. Thanks Ken!

David Wilson
04-27-2005, 2:40 PM
I know I am out of turn but a fifth to Ken

Mark Singer
04-27-2005, 3:31 PM
Ken

I really appreciate all your effort....you have the real busy Forum and it is a lot if work! We have great members...they have opinions and Ken has done a terrific job keeping things in line....and that is why SMC is the best! And we we all love spending time here!
Thanks!

Jeff Sudmeier
04-27-2005, 3:33 PM
Ken,

I really appreciate all of the work that you do, to keep SMC the great place that it is! Without dedicated moderators like you, this place would not be as wonderful.

To all the other moderators, you too deserve a big thanks!

Karl Laustrup
04-27-2005, 5:57 PM
I, too, would like to say THANKS Ken. This is the best forum on the net. While we as members do police ourselves pretty good, most of the time, it's good to know that we have moderators to cuff us or slap our typing hands when we do get out of line.:o

I usually read every forum at least once a week. I would like to thank each moderator for their dedication and willingness to share their knowledge with a donder head like me.
P.S. Ken I hope this helps with getting that big raise soon. ;) :D

Ken Kimbrell
04-27-2005, 6:14 PM
My thanks as well!

My grandkids come over atleast every weekend, or more, and I often show them stuff that gets posted here on the Creek... I never have to worry about what may be in the next post, or reply.

Thanks Ken. :D

Dennis Peacock
04-27-2005, 8:23 PM
I, too, would like to say THANKS Ken. This is the best forum on the net. While we as members do police ourselves pretty good, most of the time, it's good to know that we have moderators to cuff us or slap our typing hands when we do get out of line.:o

I usually read every forum at least once a week. I would like to thank each moderator for their dedication and willingness to share their knowledge with a donder head like me.
P.S. Ken I hope this helps with getting that big raise soon. ;) :D

Hey Karl,

With all those kind words? Keith just may give all us moderators a pay raise!!! :rolleyes: :D Thanks for the "thanks". It means a lot to each moderator that serves the SMC community.

Jim Stastny
04-27-2005, 9:26 PM
I'll simply say ~ YOU BETCHA

Thanks Ken

And we hope you stick around for at least two or three more decades

Ken Salisbury
04-28-2005, 6:54 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. No real thanks is necessary. I learned a long time ago from my Grandfather (who also taught me my first woodworking skills) that "if you take a job - do the job as best you can" We have come a long way in over 2 years here on SMC. I am thankful the members actually "self moderate" the forum.

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Chris Padilla
04-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey Karl,

With all those kind words? Keith just may give all us moderators a pay raise!!! :rolleyes: :D Thanks for the "thanks". It means a lot to each moderator that serves the SMC community.

Dennis, you and Ken can have 50% raises...I'll cover it! :D

Tyler Howell
04-28-2005, 4:47 PM
You Da Man!;)

Kurt Aebi
04-29-2005, 9:29 AM
Kudo's to ALL of SMC's Moderators. They are doing a very well in what is usually a very thankless job!

Well not anymore! Here Goes!

THANKS TO ALL SMC MODERATORS FOR YOUR HARD & FAIR WORK!

Bob Borzelleri
05-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I must say that after dropping in on the "Off Topic" forum over at another WW website, I thought I had ended up in the "Small minded, Bigoted, and Very Angry at the World" forum instead.

This place is a breath of fresh air.

...Bob