PDA

View Full Version : Made me laugh

Sam Murdoch
12-28-2012, 6:17 PM
Went into my "settings" today to see if I had an option to eliminate the "Engravers" forum from showing up in the new posts list. Nothing personal to the Engravers among you - just a field of interest which I don't relate to at this time. Would like to keep the "new posts" more pertinent. Anyway - couldn't find a way to do that but I did discover the option to make myself "invisible" as I browse the Creek.

Hmm, thought I, this way I can be goofing off in here during daylight hours when I should be in the shop and no one would be the wiser. So, I checked the invisible option thinking that my name would not appear in the active viewers list AND that the little green light would not appear next to my name on a thread.
Right on both counts - but I had to laugh because in place of the green light or no light I saw a yellow light. :confused: What's that I wondered - so I hovered the cursor near the yellow and read - "Sam Murdoch is invisible" :D So much for that. Not unlike Harry Potter having a flashing light on near his head every time he wears the invisibility cloak. Not much use. Anyway - here I am for all to see...

Steve Schlumpf
12-28-2012, 6:54 PM
Welcome back...

Bruce Page
12-28-2012, 7:29 PM
Sam, I believe you are the only one who sees the yellow light; to everyone else you are invisible.

Sam Murdoch
12-28-2012, 8:05 PM
Sam, to everyone else you are invisible.

Yes, I'm learning to live with that. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-28-2012, 8:08 PM
Sam......first they can't see you.....then they can't hear you.......Then you realize they are just intentionally ignoring you.......LOL!;):D

Rick Potter
01-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Sam? Sam who? Never saw him.

The Fantum

OH, wait. Maybe I am still visible, gotta check my mind cloak.