PDA

View Full Version : Irwin Marples table saw blades Made in Italy

Clarence Martin
12-28-2012, 4:09 PM
Got the new Rockler woodworking catalog after Christmas and going through it I saw they have Irwin marples Table Saw blades in stock. How are they compared to the other brands ?

Tom Giles
12-28-2012, 4:28 PM
I don't know how they compare but the new issue of Woodworkers Journal has an article "Everything you need to know about saw blades". The issue came with a 15% off code for Irwin Marples Table Saw blades, has a Irwin marples Table Saw blade on the cover and Irwin marples Table Saw blades prominent in almost every picture in the article.

So.....

Anyway, I threw away my code but I'm sure someone here might have one to spare.

joe milana
12-28-2012, 5:02 PM
Irwin is a large corporation that specializes in buying small tool companies and cheapening their products to generate profit. Do yourself a favor and source an American saw blade company like Forrest, Carbide processors, etc, and get yourself a quality blade with someone to support you throughout the life of the blade. JMHO

Clarence Martin
12-28-2012, 7:41 PM
Irwin is a large corporation that specializes in buying small tool companies and cheapening their products to generate profit. Do yourself a favor and source an American saw blade company like Forrest, Carbide processors, etc, and get yourself a quality blade with someone to support you throughout the life of the blade. JMHO

There is a company called Diamond Saw works that makes a brand called Sterling saw blades. There are not far from me. been in business for decades.

Larry Frank
12-28-2012, 7:48 PM
I will probably give them a try at some point. I understood that some of the people from Freud have become part of the Marples saw blade team.

While I would like to always buy stuff made here, the cost also comes into it and a Forrest blade is very good but on the high side of costs.