PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 27905H Shop Vac

Greg Bender
12-27-2012, 3:44 PM
Does anybody here have the Dewalt 27905 H shop vac and if so what do you think of it? I assume that it is not the second coming of the big festool but for the price does it perform?, is it quiet?, and can the tool plugin handle the festool 5 inch sander with out tripping? Thanx
Greg

Greg Bender
12-28-2012, 4:38 PM
I'm going to give myself a bump cause somebody must own one of these.

Steve Rozmiarek
12-28-2012, 4:51 PM
Greg, on a vacuum thread I started a while back, Dominic Carpenter said he would review his, maybe he has used it enough to give us all an update?

Tom Matthews
12-28-2012, 4:57 PM
I own one, but it just arrived today so I can't really speak to performance yet. It is considerably quieter than my old Sears vacuum, but I'm pretty sure every vacuum made today would be quieter than that screamer.

The auto start plug is rated for 5 amps at minimum suction and 3 amps at maximum suction. Might want to factor in the cost of an I-socket if your Festool sander draws more than that.

I'll probably get a dust deputy for it so I'm not constantly replacing bags and filters. I bought it motly based on some comments I read here in another thread. People seem to like them as a lower cost alternative.

If there are any questions I could answer, go ahead and ask away. I have no sanding "scheduled", but I'm sure I could find some.

Chris Rosenberger
12-28-2012, 5:50 PM
I owned the Porter Cable Version of that vac. It was quite. The auto on & off worked great. I used it in the shop for my sanders with a mini cyclone. It did not have as much suction as the Festool vacs. I would still have it today if it were not for a bad sewer overflow in our basement.
Cleaning that up, did it in.

Greg Bender
12-28-2012, 7:21 PM
Thanx to everybody for the info, while I still might order one ,it does not look like it will last doing what I wanted it for. My Festool 125 sander pulls 4.2 amps so it would probably kill the auto-on circuit. I will have to check out the I-socket that Tom mentioned. That is a heck of a deal on it with the HEPA filter.
Greg

Steve Peterson
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
I got one at the $219 sale price, but have not had much of a chance to use it. It seems like a really nice unit if you can still get it on sale, especially with the HEPA filter. It is probably not worth it at anything closer to list price.

It also comes with the more expensive fleece bag which is great for drywall. The paper bags are recommended for sanding dust. They are about $16 for a 3 pack at Amazon.

Steve