PDA

View Full Version : The idea of Secret Santa...

Cory Waldrop
12-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi Creekers,

I am not sure if this is the right section to post this but it is something that has touched me today and I cant stop thinking about it. I was on the woodnet forums going over the secret santa threads and I was blown away with not only the generosity but the thoughtfulness that the members showed to one another. I truly think they enjoyed picking out gifts as much as they enjoyed receiving them. I imagine that many people's holidays were extra special when they opened those boxes.

I was curious if Sawmill Creek ever considered doing something like this? I know it would be a huge undertaking as there are so many members here but I think it is such a cool tradition. I didn't participate in the woodnet SS this year, but I will definitely next year. For those of you who haven't checked out that thread, it is really heart warming.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and enjoyed loved ones and hopefully got to make some shavings in the meantime.

Cory

P.S. I scored a really nice DeWalt Jigsaw and a coupon for a finishing course at a local woodworking school..... SWEEEET