PDA

View Full Version : Applied Moulding for Kitchen Cabinets

Douglas Williams
12-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Another question for my upcoming project. I wanted to use some applied moulding on the raised panel doors to add some additional detail. Any ideas who would supply this material. I checked my local moulding supplier and they just carry crown, base, etc.

Peter Quinn
12-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Lots of builders supply and millwork shops near me can supply panel molding, perhaps indicate what Region you are in so people can make specific suggestions

Douglas Williams
12-27-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm in the central Ohio area if anyone knows of suppliers in the area.

Steve Juhasz
12-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Why not make the molding yourself? After all, woodworking is more than just buying stuff and nailing it together right?

Jay Jolliffe
12-29-2012, 4:17 AM
Where would you be putting it on a raised panel door ?...On the inside of the stiles & rails or the outside. If on the out side get a router with a bit of the wanted profile & do it your self. It would look better than nailing a molding to the edge.

johnny means
12-29-2012, 11:14 AM
I use Outdated plastics. They carry all types of carved trim and ornamental appliques.

Andrew Nemeth
12-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Try Dublin Millworks, Columbus Wood Products, and Cox interiors. For just a few sticks of something I would try them in the order I posted. Dublin Millworks is associated with 5th ave lumber and Linworth lumber (plus a few others) so you can see a profile book at either of those two location or go to the millwork showroom out in Dublin.

-Cheers