PDA

View Full Version : My woodworking Christmas present

Rick Potter
12-27-2012, 2:50 AM
Well, sort of woodworking. My wife sent away for a very nice bronze sign that says 'Ricks Workshop'. It is about 15" wide and 10" tall, and has the usual crossed hammer and saw at the top, along with other decoration.

Anybody else get anything?

Rick Potter

Jeremy Brant
12-27-2012, 9:29 AM
My wife shopped my amazon list, which is mostly a list for me to remember stuff. I got another preppin weapon sanding block, a set of replacement blades for my planer, and a wixey DRO for a router lift (that was also on my list and I didn't have yet). She just knows the stuff is for woodworking, but doesnt have much of an idea what I do and don't have, or what any of it really does. That 'forced' me to go ahead and order the woodpecker lift with the incra manga lock inserts from carbide processors. I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, but hopefully soon.

Larry Whitlow
12-27-2012, 10:01 AM
What I needed and received from my twenty-something daughter was a new coping saw. Replaces the one I loaned to my BIL a while back. My daughter wouldn't know what a coping saw is any more than I would know about half the apps on her Iphone. She did know enough to go to Rocklers and ask how she could go about getting one.

Raymond Fries
12-27-2012, 11:33 AM
My wife got me an online subscription to Fine Woodworking with all the extras. I had been comtemplating this for sometime but did not want to get the 14 day trial until some of the overtime slowed down so I could have time to enjoy it. She got it in her name so I would not see the email notifications; the email address can then be changed to mine. It was a very nice surprise. I am on vacation this week so I have time to enjoy it.

Shawn Pixley
12-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I scored big time. I got a concave detail palm plane. Dear son gave me 5 of the Fine Woodworking Techniques books that he found used. (Good thing too, as he hasn't any money). LOML gave me books on Nakashima. My Parents gave me a Krenov book, The Impractical Cabinet Maker.

i gave LOML two hammers (NC Black - spiculum and closing hammer). They had purple heart handles and forged steel heads. When looking at them, I wished I had made them.