PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui help please

Jimmy Phillips
12-26-2012, 7:48 PM
Ok....I am pulling my hair out. I am using the pen template and I have it in Corel Draw X5. I put some text in one of the pen slots (red outline), make sure the color is a different layer color for RDCAM, hit the RlaserV5 button in Corel, transfers to RDCAM5.2.03 and everything looks fine. I set only the text color to scan 100S/20P and hit start.

It thinks for a minute and then the panel on the Shenhui gives me a Frame Slop error! Arghhhhh!!!...I hit enter and it does not engrave....

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong....I had it working before, so I must have done something wrong....

Thanks,

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
12-26-2012, 9:18 PM
Don't ask me why but I changed the position of the laser head under the Machine tab to the upper left from the middle and now it is working. I guess it thought I was trying to cut outside of it's work area, i.e. maybe the Laser Head position in the middle was the origin 0,0,0 and it had to go -x to get above to where I wanted it to engrave. I think I am starting to finally understand this chinglish device...I am starting to scare myself.....

Jimmy

Steven Cox
12-27-2012, 1:56 AM
I guess it thought I was trying to cut outside of it's work area

More than likely, the default origin point is Upper Left on my Machine and I think most others. You should however be able to set an origin point anywhere within the work area by manually possitioning the head then click Origin on the machines control panel, this will then become the new Upper Left point. The only thing you then need to think about is if the size of the objects you are trying to engrave/cut, this also includes any object where its output is set to NO, so that the overall size of the work doesn't exceed the remaining space left in the work area. Its pretty simple really but I hope I have'nt confused the issue.

Regards Steve.

john banks
12-27-2012, 8:25 AM
Scan (raster) needs acceleration and deceleration space on the x-axis. Higher the speed the more it needs. Origin at machine zero will rarely work for rastering.