PDA

View Full Version : Christmas cookie platter

Steve Busey
12-26-2012, 3:51 PM
Just getting a picture (the basement table was used for wrapping for the past week!) of a Christmas cookie platter I made, using a Santa image I got in the "Epilog Laser Fans" group on facebook.

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum, with questions or support. It's really helped me learn more about the capabilities of my laser. Merry belated Christmas to you all!

Martin Boekers
12-26-2012, 5:00 PM
Did you turn the plate? If not do you have a suppler of wood plates?

Steve Busey
12-26-2012, 5:10 PM
Did you turn the plate? If not do you have a suppler of wood plates?

I turned my own plate, Martin. Copied the style of Nick Cook, a local professional woodturner. I haven't seen a bulk supplier of wood plates. :(

Martin Boekers
12-26-2012, 5:36 PM
I figured that was the case since it looked real nice! I stick with the little things like pens when it comes to turning.
I'd probably hurt myself with bowls and such. :)

Chad Fitzgerald
12-27-2012, 8:08 AM
that real neat, looks great. what do you use for a finish on it since its for food???

Steve Busey
12-27-2012, 11:43 AM
what do you use for a finish on it since its for food???

Thanks, Chad. I used Wood Turner's Finish, which is listed as OK for salad bowls (after 7-day drying period), so I assume it's OK for dry cookies as well. If I sell these platters next year, I might try another finish - this was a test to see what kind of response/interest the platter generated. So far, so good!