PDA

View Full Version : General Metalworking Her name is Shelob

Leigh Betsch
12-25-2012, 10:40 PM
After Tolkliens spider, cause she has multiple arms and a sting if you get your fingers too close. Actually she is a Gorton pantograph that I bought from a fellow Creeker. Just got her in the shop and running Yesteday. Here is a pic of my three daughters, wife, and even the hounds making brass Christmas tree orinimatents today. Shelob $250, Christmas tree orinimatents priceless.

Bruce Page
12-26-2012, 3:53 PM
Great pic! That was a steal of a deal. Did any fonts come with it?

Thomas Bank
12-26-2012, 6:02 PM
Fine looking crew you have there! :)

Saw the pantograph offered, but was too far away to consider it. Some pictures of the ornaments?

Leigh Betsch
12-26-2012, 9:41 PM
Unfortunatly no fonts so I'll have to ebay for some. I didn't get a pic of the ornaments, Christmas bells, but if I get time I'll get one of the wife's. Nothing great but just fun to get the family engaged. I usually try to have some kind of project that everyone can work on for Christmas afternoon.
I was using her to do some cutting on a couple of planes I'm making but I broke the belt. Actually it was rubbing and frayed to pieces. It's a round belt more like a rope than a v-belt. I hope to find one on line tonight. She's gonna be a good addition to my shop.

Adam Neat
12-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Very nice; Nice shaper as well..... Do you just luck out on the color match?

Leigh Betsch
12-27-2012, 9:10 PM
Yeah, I don't know who comes up with these colors! The rest of my metal working machines are grey, my wood working mostly white. I'd like to paint them some day but right now I'm too busy cutting things.