PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Party door prize!

Doug W Swanson
12-25-2012, 6:39 PM
Hey all,

Our local club (Minnesota Woodturner's Association) had their Christmas party a few weeks ago. As you may know, I brought a maple bowl with a resin inlay in the rim for the turning exchange. There were some nice gifts available and I received some nice compliments for my bowl. Greg Just was really hoping for me to draw his name but he missed out by one person. Better luck next time, Greg! In return for my bowl I received a nice Cedar candy bowl.

Then there was the door prize drawing. There were some gift cards to Rockler, CSUSA, some turning books and some limited edition Glaser bowl gouges. These were sold during the 2006 AAW Symposium and limited to 500. Anyway, there were 3 gouges available and I was lucky number 3. Here's proof of my new prize!

I haven't seen a Glaser tool before but this baby is nice! Not only does the tool steel seem good, it came with a beautiful Cocobolo handle. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use it or not so these pictures might be the closest this gouge gets to any shavings!

Greg Just
12-25-2012, 7:59 PM
Congratulations Doug. I'd use the tool rather than let it collecting dust on the shelf. Yes I did miss out by one in getting your bowl, but I did receive some nice books in the raffle as did Reid Strand who is also a member here on the Creek. It was a fun gathering with lots of good food.

Bernie Weishapl
12-25-2012, 8:28 PM
Congrats Doug.

Thomas Canfield
12-25-2012, 10:01 PM
I definitely think that you need to use it. You can always hang up the used-up tool years down the road, but think of the stories to go with it. You got a good story to start.