PDA

View Full Version : "New" Bandsaw Too!

Matt Meiser
04-26-2005, 9:48 PM
Over the weekend there was an ad in the paper that read "Delta Bandsaw $250." I didn't call Saturday, forgot Sunday, forgot Monday, then today while taking a break from work I remembered to call. Seller says it is an "older" Delta 14", made in America. So I said I'd try to come look at it late in the afternoon. Then my wife ended up in the ER (she'll be OK) so I obviously never called him back about going over. When she was released she said she felt good and for me to go ahead and call the guy and we went over. He wouldn't budge on the price, but I wasn't too concerned and I brought home this. :)

Name plate just says Rockwell and looking at OWWM photos it is probably late 70's. It has a 1HP motor and runs very nice. There is the slightest vibration which I think will be fixed by a new belt as everything spins smoothly and I can see that the belt has a kink from sitting. Very, very clean.

Dan Forman
04-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Pretty good score if you ask me.

Dan

Jeff Sudmeier
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Congrats on the saw! Sure looks like a great deal to me!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Good looking machine and sounds like a good price too!

Gary Max
04-26-2005, 11:43 PM
You done very VERY good---those are great bandsaws. I just sold one about two months ago and already miss it. You would be hard pressed to buy a better bandsaw that size from anyone today.

Tom Pritchard
04-27-2005, 5:58 AM
Matt, nice job landing a great saw! Glad to hear your wife is feeling better too. It sure is nice to find deals like that isn't it? Good luck with the saw, and I hope you post pictures of your first project on it!

lou sansone
04-27-2005, 7:33 AM
I agree that the belt it probably the problem. I like the rockwell stuff. They were pretty well made and I think most of it was really made in america. Those 14" saws are real handy, especially for narrow blades and tight curves. best wishes
lou

Mike Wilkins
04-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Congrats on the new acquisition. The other machines in the shop will be happy with the new family member.
As for the vibration: go with one of the link belts instead of the automotive-style belts. Sometimes a belt will take a set if left not running for a long time.
The OWWM site can provide info on dating this machine if needed; and most Delta bandsaw parts will fit this machine.
Good luck and watch those fingers.