PDA

View Full Version : Our 44th Wedding Anniversary..............

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2012, 1:23 PM
Yesterday one of our adult granddaughters arrived with her 6 year old daughter and her 22 month old daughter to spend Christmas with us.

Today Sharon and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary with them.

I met her on a blind date....3 days later on our 4th date I asked her to marry me. She was a young blond divorce with 2 kids from her former marriage. 9 days later I signed over my checking and savings accounts when I left for the US Navy boot camp. 2 days after I got home from boot camp we were married. A couple years later I adopted those 2 kids and we had 1 more.....

She puts the bright colors in my life.......she makes me smile........she makes me look down and shake my head......she is mother to our 3 kids......grandmother to our 8 grandkids....great-grandmother to our 6 great-grandkids....she is my lover......my best friend.......she is my worst critic........she's gives me reason to want life to last forever......she makes me smile........

I don't know what I did to deserve her........I won't ask.....I will just be forever grateful she is in my life.....

Bruce Page
12-24-2012, 1:35 PM
Congratulations to both of you! It is a blessing when you find the “right” person to share your life with.

Todd Burch
12-24-2012, 2:22 PM
That's beautiful Ken. Nicest thing I've read in a while. Congratulations!

Todd

Mike Henderson
12-24-2012, 2:34 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary, Ken. May you have many, many more years.

Mike

Dave Anderson NH
12-24-2012, 2:59 PM
A very happy anniversary and a Merry Christmas to both you and Sharon. May the two of you enjoy a coming year less hectic than this one has been.

Ted Calver
12-24-2012, 3:40 PM
.....She puts the bright colors in my life.......she makes me smile........she makes me look down and shake my head......she is mother to our 3 kids......grandmother to our 8 grandkids....great-grandmother to our 6 great-grandkids....she is my lover......my best friend.......she is my worst critic........she's gives me reason to want life to last forever......she makes me smile.............I will just be forever grateful she is in my life.....

Soooo...Ken, After all these years, do ya still love her??:) Congratulations and many happy returns.

Patrick McCarthy
12-24-2012, 3:44 PM
I can't improve upon what Todd expressed . . .so, DITTO that!

You are a lucky man, and she a lucky woman to have someone so appreciative . . . . and whipped! It is what life is supposed to be. Blessings to your entire family as you spread the love and good vibes. Merry Christmas, Patrick

Paul McGaha
12-24-2012, 5:00 PM
That's beautiful Ken. Nicest thing I've read in a while. Congratulations!

Todd

Agreed, A privilege to read that Ken. Congratulations to you and the Mrs.

PHM

Steve Schlumpf
12-24-2012, 5:50 PM
Congrats and Happy Anniversary Ken & Sharon! Merry Christmas and the very Best of New Years to you and your family!

Scott T Smith
12-24-2012, 5:51 PM
Ken, thanks for sharing your story; you have truly been blessed!

Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many more.

Scott

Joe Pelonio
12-24-2012, 6:00 PM
Wow, Ken, that's a lot. Congratulations! You have us beat by 6 years. I hope you have many more of them in the future.

ray hampton
12-24-2012, 6:44 PM
you must be married to a saint if she stay with you this long , may the two of you have many more years together

Shawn Pixley
12-24-2012, 6:48 PM
Congratulations! It couldn't happen to a better couple.

Kathy Marshall
12-24-2012, 8:26 PM
Congratulations Ken and Sharon! May you have many more happy years together!

Lori Kleinberg
12-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Congrats Ken, that is a major achievement.

Roger Bell
12-25-2012, 12:56 AM
A match made in heaven. Congratulations.

Keith Westfall
12-25-2012, 1:32 AM
Ken,

What a beautiful tribute to your wife!

Congratulations to you both - and many more...

Jim Stewart
12-25-2012, 7:16 AM
Quite a story! Should be a movie. Congratulations!

Phil Thien
12-25-2012, 9:50 AM
Congratulations Ken!

I love the story of you and Sharon. It reminds me of better, simpler times.

I agree that it does sound movie-esque.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-25-2012, 11:22 AM
While the manner that Sharon and I met was somewhat unusual, the life we have led would hardly be movie material. It is just a story about two people who worked together trying to survive and raise their children in a manner that would cause them to become responsible adults. We got lucky as all 3 children are responsibile adults but our life is hardly movie material.

Thanks everyone for you kind comments.

Lee Schierer
12-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Ken, congratulations on 44, LOML and I celebrated 42 yesterday.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Congratulations to you and your wife Lee!

ray hampton
12-25-2012, 2:06 PM
Ken, there are a story about a couple whom were married 48 years ago and try to retire , the church that they got marry in still had their record of the wedding but the court house could not find any information about their wedding, NO mention of the taxes that they pay out

Belinda Barfield
12-25-2012, 6:13 PM
Ken, every time I read about you and Sharon I feel a sense of hope. I am so happy that the two of you not only found each other, but had the good sense to recognize what each of you found. Happy Anniversary, and I look forward to reading your posts about your anniversary for many years to come.

Steve Mawson
12-25-2012, 9:05 PM
What a great story, congratulations and hope you have many more. It took us four years dating before we tied the knot.

Charles McKinley
12-31-2012, 2:56 AM
Congratulations Ken and Sharon,

I enjoy your story every time I read it. May you have many more happy years togeather.

Tom Fischer
12-31-2012, 7:48 AM
Congrats Ken. Very nice post.