PDA

View Full Version : FFFFRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE Shipping

Paul Crowe
12-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Its on! (http://www.leevalley.com/US/home/Announcement.aspx) LV Free Shipping;)

Ryan Mooney
12-24-2012, 1:33 AM
Its on! (http://www.leevalley.com/US/home/Announcement.aspx) LV Free Shipping;)

Oh dear, this never ends well for me...

Matt Radtke
12-24-2012, 2:08 AM
Hey, Rob:

If I order a PM-V11 chisel now, do I get free shipping once it's back in stock?

'Jacques Malan'
12-24-2012, 2:58 AM
"standard ground shipping within Canada and the contiguous United States" :(

Oh well, maybe next time. :)

Robert G Brown
12-24-2012, 6:36 AM
Got my order in. I have been looking for an excuse to buy a scraper holder and some scrapers. This was it. :)

Rob Lee
12-24-2012, 7:25 AM
Hey, Rob:

If I order a PM-V11 chisel now, do I get free shipping once it's back in stock?

Hi Matt -

Yes you do.... !

Cheers -

Rob
(who'll be working in the store as usual this afternoon....)

Carl Beckett
12-24-2012, 8:23 AM
Sorry you have to work Rob.

(I guess this is in the category of, be careful what you ask for! I recon an order for chisels is in my near near future.....)

Merry Christmas!

Harold Burrell
12-24-2012, 8:35 AM
I'm actually waiting for that sale when all the tools are free and you just pay the shipping.

Jason Coen
12-24-2012, 8:44 AM
Rob,

Any plans for paring chisels?

And Merry Christmas. Hope the season has treated you well. I know my wife did her part to stimulate the economy. :D Now if I could just get her to remember that my LV orders take a couple of days longer to arrive than her Amazon Prime purchases... :p

Rob Lee
12-24-2012, 8:56 AM
Sorry you have to work Rob.

(I guess this is in the category of, be careful what you ask for! I recon an order for chisels is in my near near future.....)

Merry Christmas!

Hi Carl -

Working the store on Christmas Eve is a tradition...

When we were a lot smaller, the family would work so that staff could leave early... but that was when 3-4 staff could handle the store... in Ottawa, it's more like 40 now.... so a handful of Lee's doesn't have quite the same impact... :)

Still - it's fun, and we end up seeing many of the same people every Christmas eve...

Cheers -

Rob

Kurt Cady
12-24-2012, 8:57 AM
Perfect timing. I know where my gift certificates and extra cash will go after Xmas. Sneaky sneaky

Rob Lee
12-24-2012, 8:58 AM
Rob,

Any plans for paring chisels?

And Merry Christmas. Hope the season has treated you well. I know my wife did her part to stimulate the economy. :D Now if I could just get her to remember that my LV orders take a couple of days longer to arrive than her Amazon Prime purchases... :p

Hi Jason -

Butt chisels and mortise will be first, but we have done some work on paring chisels....they'll be a ways out yet....

Cheers -

Rob

Don Orr
12-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for this offer Rob-just what I wanted for Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jim Koepke
12-24-2012, 12:54 PM
My first reaction to this was to look for some insert nuts to cash in on the free shipping.

Alas, the site has been revamped. Some of the items that used to be there seem to be gone. Maybe my search should have been in the hardware section. The new layout is not as pleasing to the eye as to what my mind had become accustomed. My first thought was that it has become sterile.

Just looked, some items didn't show up on the my first search. These, 1/4-20 Insert Nuts, pkg. of 10 00M90.01, were the only ones close to meeting my needs for an insert for small, hardwood knobs. My preference was for using a #10 sized fastener.

With all the other online stores it is likely a difficult to impossible task keeping stock on everything while staying competitive.

jtk

Gary Herrmann
12-24-2012, 1:01 PM
Hey Rob, any hints about the next plane in progress?

Rob Lee
12-24-2012, 1:19 PM
My first reaction to this was to look for some insert nuts to cash in on the free shipping.

Alas, the site has been revamped. Some of the items that used to be there seem to be gone. Maybe my search should have been in the hardware section. The new layout is not as pleasing to the eye as to what my mind had become accustomed. My first thought was that it has become sterile.

Just looked, some items didn't show up on the my first search. These, 1/4-20 Insert Nuts, pkg. of 10 00M90.01, were the only ones close to meeting my needs for an insert for small, hardwood knobs. My preference was for using a #10 sized fastener.

With all the other online stores it is likely a difficult to impossible task keeping stock on everything while staying competitive.

jtk

Hi Jim -

No change in the number of products offered - other than our regular ongoing expansion. The various home pages have been re-skinned, and cleaned up for higher resolution monitors - but the underlying product range is the same...

Insert nuts - we only have 1/4-20 and 5/16-18 in the catalog....

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee
12-24-2012, 1:22 PM
Hey Rob, any hints about the next plane in progress?

Hi Gary -

I'm hoping for two before September, and several more after that.....

One relatively inexpensive, one specialty.

After September, we're going to shake things up a bit.... R&D says Jan 2014, but I'll apply the whip harder after Christmas, and see if we can make it sooner.... :)

Cheers -

Rob

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
12-24-2012, 4:17 PM
Every now and then I stumble across things in the LV site that I find in a search but not browsing through categories; the last one was cut nails (http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=40387&cat=3,41306,41324) - from that page, you get a breadcrumb trail for hardware>fasteners>nails and tacks - but if you browse from the main page, to hardware, to fasteners - (as I did when looking for the things) there's no "nails and tacks" category. I feel like I've stumbled across other stuff like this, but maybe I'm crazy. I thought it was the new site as well, but maybe it's always been like this?

Jim Koepke
12-24-2012, 6:43 PM
Every now and then I stumble across things in the LV site that I find in a search but not browsing through categories;

One tool that seems hard to find in a search is the "blind nailer."

My recollection is that the search has to be on "invisible nails" in order for it to come up in a search. Well, doing a search on it now brings up nothing. Glad mine is already in the shop.

For all the other things, the easier they are to find, the easier it is for someone to purchase the item of their desire.

jtk

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
12-24-2012, 8:55 PM
One tool that seems hard to find in a search is the "blind nailer."

My recollection is that the search has to be on "invisible nails" in order for it to come up in a search. Well, doing a search on it now brings up nothing. Glad mine is already in the shop.

For all the other things, the easier they are to find, the easier it is for someone to purchase the item of their desire.

jtk

I found the item number via a Google search - looks like it's no longer available:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/Page.aspx?p=32683&cat=1,230,41182

glenn bradley
12-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Evil Rob got me this morning. The Wish List / Free Shipping plan is working . . . Evil Rob :D

Jim Koepke
12-25-2012, 12:25 PM
I found the item number via a Google search - looks like it's no longer available:

That's too bad, it is a handy little tool. Guess people will have to learn how to do "blind nailing" with just a small chisel.

jtk

Eugenio Musto
12-25-2012, 2:42 PM
Hi Gary -

I'm hoping for two before September, and several more after that.....

One relatively inexpensive, one specialty.

After September, we're going to shake things up a bit.... R&D says Jan 2014, but I'll apply the whip harder after Christmas, and see if we can make it sooner.... :)

Cheers -

Rob

Ok Rob,good news about planes..Do the elves know anything about the Veritas Tenon saw?You know,i'm waiting for it from long time:D

Jason Coen
12-25-2012, 9:26 PM

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/Page.aspx?p=32683&cat=1,230,41182

That's pretty neat.

Rob Lee
12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Ok Rob,good news about planes..Do the elves know anything about the Veritas Tenon saw?You know,i'm waiting for it from long time:D

Hi Eugenio!

Me too.... been waiting a long time.... 'course, the waiting's not costing you anything..... :) :o

We have the mold working now, and it's just being textured (the final step before pre-production). I'll get an update, and post it back here ....

Cheers -

Rob

Larry Fox
12-26-2012, 11:45 AM
I have been using these free-shipping events as a way to justify building a complete set of brad-point drill bits a few at a time. Just ordered 4 on Monday and I just need three more free-shipping events to have a complete set of 5/64 - 1" - progress slows as the bits get larger and more expensive. Taking more smaller bites as opposed to one large one makes it easier to get them past the accounting department. :) Thanks Rob and happy holidays.

Will Boulware
12-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Hmmm.... Free shipping through the 7th. I get paid on the 4th. Coincidence? I think not. Needed some stuff anyway... :D