PDA

View Full Version : A thank you and a happy holiidays to you all.......

Michael James
12-23-2012, 6:21 PM
Big thanks (way overdue....) to my buddy Jim Burr for sending a little care package to inspire me back to the lathe. Much appreciated amigo!

A couple of little chunks for bottle stoppers, a chunk of dyed/laminated unknown wood (dymondwood?),
a very beautiful spalted pen blank, a pen blank of very rare catateo, other blanks include some stabilzed and dyed sycamore and a tassy myrtle with burl.

I realize that a couple of the pieces really are camoflaged on the countertop. Trust me, nice stuff!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays in whichever way you celebrate.

Michael248766

Jerry Marcantel
12-24-2012, 8:55 AM
Michael, it's been a while since I've seen a post from you. Welcom back. Last Tuesday while driving through Albuquerque?, I was trying to remember what SMC member lived there. Oh well, it was just a fleeting thought as I needed to be in Amarillo by dark. Looks like you got some good stuff............. Jerry (in Tucson)

John Keeton
12-24-2012, 9:22 AM
MJ, good to see you back at it - I appreciate Jim's efforts!

Doug W Swanson
12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Nice assortment of blanks. Now you're going to have to make something with them!

Bernie Weishapl
12-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Good to see ya back MJ. Nice wood from a good guy.

Kathy Marshall
12-24-2012, 8:14 PM
Merry Christmas Michael! Nice assortment of blanks and we'll be looking forward to more pics of the finished pieces.

Jim Burr
12-25-2012, 4:52 PM
Glad they got there in one piece...you know where to find more! Merry Christmas old friend!