PDA

View Full Version : angle cube won't zero

Ken Platt
12-21-2012, 9:30 PM
Folks -

I have an igaging Angle cube, similar to the Wixey, I use it only now and then but find it very useful on those occasions. Anyhow, today I pulled it out, and although it seems to otherwise work ok, nothing happens when I push the "zero" button. Assuming it's still accurate, I can still use it, but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else, and whether anyone tried to fix it, and if so, how it worked out.

Thanks -

Ken Platt
Granby, CT

doug faist
12-21-2012, 9:35 PM
Ken - though I don't have that particular device, my experience with electronic equipment says that the first thing to do is change the battery. That usually takes care of 95% of my problems.
Doug

John McClanahan
12-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Reread the instructions. It sounds like you are trying to zero it when in the absolute mode. It needs to be in the relative mode to use the zero button.

Jiohn

Ralph Boumenot
12-22-2012, 6:02 AM
I agree with Doug. I have one and I found that when I get wonky readings it's an indication the battery is toast.

Ken Platt
12-23-2012, 1:55 PM
Thanks folks. I changed the battery, still no zero. John, I've read the instructions a number of times, and there's nothing there about switching from absolute mode back to relative mode. They do say that pushing and holding the power button for three seconds switches the unit to absolute mode. Anyhow, I've tried holding the power button down for 3 seconds a number of times, and all that happens is that the unit switches itself off after about 2 seconds.

Any idea how to switch back to relative mode?

Ken

John McClanahan
12-23-2012, 5:42 PM
I just got mine and have only played with it. When you turn it on, it is in absolute mode, and "LEVEL" shows in the upper left. Pressing the zero button places it in relative mode and zeroes it. Mine has a bit of a delay before it reads zero.

John