PDA

View Full Version : Finished my second table with turned legs

Rob Price
12-21-2012, 4:23 PM
The full WIP thread is over here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?190645-Walnut-Dining-Room-Table-WIP), but since the legs are turned I thought I'd share with you guys as well. It was a collaborative effort with a friend of mine who's a carpenter for a living. I just don't have the tools or space to work on something this large, but I did the design, turning, and helped with the top. Anyways, didn't want to re-invent the post- so I thought I'd link over to it. Hope that's okay.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yIia-ZVNI1U/UNTRmhCxsnI/AAAAAAAAB4A/EMrkuMhtEMk/s800/IMG_1912.JPG

Doug Herzberg
12-21-2012, 4:35 PM
Rob, that's a gorgeous table. You should be proud.

Roger Chandler
12-21-2012, 5:10 PM
Woah, Baby! Nice, nice, nice.............did I say nice yet? :D I like it.....a lot, I like it, I do, I do, I do!!! Can you tell I like it? :D

This is very nice......good job on the whole project, and very nicely turned legs.......I like a pedestal table....I think it makes a statement about refinement and taste.........yours is evident here!

Thank you for sharing this.......made my afternoon as far as the turner's forum, so far!!! ;) I don't think I will ever get over my affection for quality flatwork! :eek::rolleyes:

Harry Robinette
12-21-2012, 6:18 PM
That is a outstanding show of craftsmanship, Oh Ya It's beautiful, gorgeous,it is a very very nice piece be proud of that one.

Michelle Rich
12-22-2012, 5:12 AM
we rarely see spindle work..so I'm glad you shared..

Bob Rotche
12-22-2012, 7:28 AM
Just checked out the original thread- incredible story! Just outstanding work!

Scott Lux
12-22-2012, 1:03 PM
Amazing and beautiful! The WIP thread is a great read too. Nice work.

Bernie Weishapl
12-22-2012, 8:34 PM
That is one beautiful table and the legs are outstanding.

Steve Schlumpf
12-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Now that is a good looking table! Really like the massive legs - fits well with your design and look of the wood! Very masculine and a table you should be proud to show off! Thanks for sharing!