PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engraver Delivery Photos

Peter Meacham
12-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I thought someone had posted a series of photos showing delivery of their crated Rabbit Laser engraver - but I have searched this forum, youtube, and photobucket without any success.

I just saw the photos less than two weeks ago but cannot find them now.

Can anyone point me to those photos please - there were several.

Thanks, Pete

Dan Hintz
12-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't know about Rabbit, but Rodney (Rodne Gold) posted some last year when he ordered several new machines. Plenty of pics in those posts.

Peter Meacham
12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks Dan, well, I am particularly interested in seeing the Rabbit Laser crating as I am getting one delivered next week and want to see how best to get it from the street to my garage.

Dan Hintz
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
It's a big crate... expect to use a pallet jack if you wish to keep it in the crate while moving. Otherwise, pop open the sides and drag it out onto moving dollies, saving 1-200 pounds.

Bruce Dorworth
12-21-2012, 2:59 PM
Crack open the crate and it should be on wheels. Then just roll it into the shop.

Peter Meacham
12-21-2012, 6:13 PM
Thanks for the inputs - unfortunately, the seller says the crate must remain closed until the installer gets here - in Jan - could affect the warranty

Dan Hintz
12-21-2012, 7:38 PM
Thanks for the inputs - unfortunately, the seller says the crate must remain closed until the installer gets here - in Jan - could affect the warranty

Sounds like a good way to ship a defective product and not have to pay up when the buyer finds out it's broken weeks / months down the road...

Calvin thompson
12-22-2012, 12:11 AM
i just got one yes it is a big box and is kind of a pain to leave it in the box but Ray is good at stuff working and fixing if broken. i had my delivered and the driver was able to just use his pallet jack to rolle it into the shop(you have to be there to sign anyhow). but dont worry about damage my computer was rateled in shiping and Ray was great we got a new one and was up and runing fast.

Rodne Gold
12-22-2012, 1:48 AM
I would not hesitate to open the crate and at least check everything is there.. dunno why you need the installer a month later to commission the thing , its not exactly rocket science to set the laser up...

Doug Novic
12-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a good way to ship a defective product and not have to pay up when the buyer finds out it's broken weeks / months down the road...

Ray from Rabbit laser is a true pro when it comes to setting up a laser. I have had no problems with mine for the last two years and it gets heavy use. He doesn't want a novice playing with things that may not be understood and damaged prior to setup. You can only carry so many parts with you.

Peter, you will not be disappointed.

Peter Meacham
12-25-2012, 3:49 PM
Thanks Doug - appreciate the positive feedback -

I found my photos - not on this forum at all - http://www.notcot.com/archives/2012/07/laser-cutter-unboxing.php

I am hoping the carrier has a pallet jack and will help me push it up the driveway - for consideration of course. I will bring a pallet jack from my workshop downtown just in case.

Pete