PDA

View Full Version : Building Pharoah's Ship

Mike OMelia
12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Great story on Nova about building a ship 3500 years ago. Mortise and tenon work. Fascinating!

John Piwaron
12-20-2012, 8:56 AM
I'm sure they discussed who made the better chisel - L-N or LV.

Kevin Bourque
12-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Was that the gigantic ship that was built by some crazy Pharaoh on a small lake and then intentionally sunk?

Mike OMelia
12-20-2012, 5:12 PM
Was that the gigantic ship that was built by some crazy Pharaoh on a small lake and then intentionally sunk?

I remember that story. Not sure. This was not as big as that one. This was an attempt to figure out how they assembled the ship. I'm pretty sure this was a sea going vessel.

Kevin Bourque
12-20-2012, 5:39 PM
I remember that story. Not sure. This was not as big as that one. This was an attempt to figure out how they assembled the ship. I'm pretty sure this was a sea going vessel.

Actually the show I'm thinking about was a Roman leader, not Egyptian. He built 2 gigantic floating mansions on a lake somewhere, and then sunk them!

Bruce Page
12-20-2012, 6:01 PM
I caught the last few minutes of it last night when they were raising the mast. I have the DVR set up to record the next broadcast of it. I'm looking forward to watching it, it looked interesting.