PDA

View Full Version : Bench Dog Table Saw Extension For Craftsman 22124

Bill Hughes
12-19-2012, 8:13 PM
Hi, Has anyone had any experience using the Bench Dog 40-102 ProMax Table saw extension for a router on a Craftsman Hybrid Table Saw model # 22124? If so were you pleased with it, was it a fairly simple installation? I would appreciate any experiences and or opinions on this subject. Thanks, Bill

glenn bradley
12-19-2012, 8:58 PM
I would think it would be fine. I started with an extension on my zipcode saw. Couldn't bear the wasted space beneath and so built a cabinet under it. Eventually went to a larger top but it is still bolted to the saw. If you want to keep the left extension and add the RT wing, the cast iron is very easy to drill. I was nervous about it at first but, once I did the first hole and saw how well it drills (drill it dry) I forged ahead. I have drilled and added additional CI wings on the right as you can see in the last pic.

248445 . 248444

Randy Rizzo
12-19-2012, 9:02 PM
I have that extension on a Craftsman contractor saw. I'm not sure of the model on the saw. The install was fairly easy. The extension is heavy, had to build up with wood shims on top of a garbage can to get it close to height and then inserted attach bolts. It would be a piece of cake with two guys. The first top had a hump in the middle and there was no way it was going to flatten. Bench Dog replaced the top. I also have their lift with a PC 7518. Overall I'm satisfied. Minor grumps are the inserts, 3 screws to attach. Magnetic inserts would have been nice. Or a twist lock plate. Plastic knobs for attaching feather boards stripped out second time I used em. It's just a nut seated inside a plastic knob, any torque at all and the nut rounds out the recess in the knob. Replaced em with some knobs from hardware store, ok now. Height adjustments are easy.

Bill Hughes
12-19-2012, 10:28 PM
I do in fact plan on placing it on the right in place of the original laminated MDF wing. Thank you for your responses. Bill