PDA

View Full Version : Its here....

Matt Meiser
04-26-2005, 1:04 PM
I've still got a few working hours before I've put my time in for the day, but I got a quick shot after the delivery man left.

Jeff Sudmeier
04-26-2005, 2:19 PM
I know I should know what that is, but my mind is drawing a blank! :)

Jointer of some sort I would say, but I can't pick out the brand.

Chris Lee
04-26-2005, 2:39 PM
Looks like the yorkie to me!!! If it is download the delta instruction's. It made things easier when I put mine together. You will love it!

Chris

Matt Meiser
04-26-2005, 2:54 PM
Looks like the yorkie to me!!! If it is download the delta instruction's. It made things easier when I put mine together. You will love it!

Chris

Chris is right. I already downloaded the delta manual, unboxed the base and got the wheel attached and took everything else out of the boxes. I'm going to have to wait to unbox the main castings until I can get some help. I'm planning to use the tractor to lift it onto the base, but I'll need someone to help guide it into place.

Chris Lee
04-26-2005, 3:10 PM
It was an adventure getting the beds up on that base. When I got mine I figured I would unpack it while in the bed of my truck and me and a buddy would just set the beds down on the base. It would have worked until I found out the beds were packed upside down!!! I had to get 2 buddies, 2 of us lifted and then the third helped balance it while we rolled it over. I am not doing that again!!

Chris

Dan Forman
04-26-2005, 3:15 PM
Nice score. Have fun wrestling with that iron.

Dan

Ken Fitzgerald
04-26-2005, 3:16 PM
Congrats Matt! Please review it for us after you've used it for a while!

Matt Meiser
04-26-2005, 9:38 PM
Started doing a little unpacking. For good (see my other post) and not so good reasons (LOML spent 4 hours in the ER today but will be fine), I didn't get much done.

Terre Hooks
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
I assembled my 8" Grizzly jointer by myself. I had the base ready, and had the top sitting on the bottom of the crate, with all the sides tore off.

I "shimmed" it up, 1-1/2" at a time with scraps. Lift one side, and slide some scrap under the bed. Repeat until I had it high enough to slide over on two 5-gallon buckets. Then I shimmed some more, until it was high enough to slide over on the base.

Didn't take near as long as you think, but if you do this, be careful not to tip the thing over.

I had it on the base and 3 bolts in it before someone could have driven over and helped me, and I didn't hurt myself.

Greg Narozniak
04-27-2005, 11:20 AM
It was an adventure getting the beds up on that base. When I got mine I figured I would unpack it while in the bed of my truck and me and a buddy would just set the beds down on the base. It would have worked until I found out the beds were packed upside down!!! I had to get 2 buddies, 2 of us lifted and then the third helped balance it while we rolled it over. I am not doing that again!!

Chris

I did exactly what Chris described and Yes the beds were upside down but i was able to gingerly turn it over and then slide it onto the base. A few scratches but nothing major. Great jointer You will love it!

Congrats!

Greg