PDA

View Full Version : Good price for used Festool vacuum?

Ellen Benkin
12-19-2012, 5:37 PM
Someone offered to sell me a "slightly used" Festool Midi Dust Extractor. Assuming that it is in "almost new" condition, what would be a good price to offer? Retail new it is sold for $465.

Alan Melbourne
12-19-2012, 6:18 PM
im not an expert on us prices but usually used festool goes for around 60-70% for good and up to 85% for practically new.
check to see if it is the newer model that is hepa approved and approved for lead work. if it is then it is newer (only 6 months ish old) but more importantly it would have a stronger motor moving more air.

if its the new model and practically new then i would offer 70% and see what they say but be prepared to go to 85%. any more than that and i would buy new.

Tom Matthews
12-20-2012, 8:25 AM
I don't know if there are dust extractors available, but remember you can get "reconditioned" Festool stuff anywhere from 10-30% off right now. Inventory is hit or miss, but I would factor that into the decision.

Matt Meiser
12-20-2012, 8:48 AM
Recon sale ended last Friday.

I've bought 3 CT22's in the past year used and resold one those a few month after since it arrived in a condition that was not as described. Prices were all $200-250.

Bob Reda
12-20-2012, 3:10 PM
I don't offer more than 50% on used gear. If I wanted to offer more I would get a new one or a reconditioned one with the warranty.

Bob