PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Hard To Think WW, With So Much Sadness...

Derek Arita
12-19-2012, 10:47 AM
for the kids and families of Sandy Hook. Just saying what I'm thinking...

Paul McGaha
12-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for starting the thread Derek.

My wife and I have stopped watching the news. Just can't. It will bring you to tears.

Can only imagine what that town and that school are going through. The families.

Mike Cutler
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Derek

You're saying what I've been thinking too.
I don't have any frame of reference to even begin to imagine what the families are going through. .
I just don't understand people sometimes. Such a senseless tragedy.

Stephen Cherry
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
How about the people in Chicago? Mexico, Syria?

The sad part is that some people get murdered just the same, and it's not remarkable in any way. 30 killed in Chicago on a monthly basis.

Brian Kent
12-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I have a Facebook friend who lost her daughter 5 years ago. She has shared some of the emotional experiences she and her husband went through and still are going through. Her openness about that agony gave some words to imagine what the families must be feeling.

Then last night our church had a service called "The Darkest Night". We have it each year for people who do not feel joy in the holidays because of grief, depression, or other sadness. Others were leading, so I got to just soak in the comfort. A woman shared about her survival through a very painful journey, and we had no pretense of surface happiness - just a place to rest together.

When it was over everyone stayed there about 20 minutes after the closing. The pianist just kept on playing beautiful, gentle music. The service also became a time of reflection for the people at Sandy Hook Elementary.

There were just 30 people attending, unlike the "multitudes" that come on the more traditional celebration services, but for us, it was just what we needed.

David Weaver
12-19-2012, 1:45 PM
My wife and I have stopped watching the news. Just can't. It will bring you to tears.

Paul, we've had the same thing. Last Friday we decided that we knew enough of the details that we don't need to see and hear about it over and over if nothing productive is going to come of it for us personally. Like everyone else, we hugged the kid a little more that evening (which she thought was torture!!).

But the dread of what the media will do to you is enough to encourage you to keep the news off and reflect on what you can do to make things better in your own house or neighborhood.

Chuck Wintle
12-19-2012, 1:51 PM
it is a time of sadness and pain for those who have lost loved ones to violence such as this. I can't watch the news about this because of the feelings that well up in me. Sadness for the parents of these little kids cut down so early in life and rage as these acts are almost unstoppable.

Jeff Monson
12-19-2012, 4:11 PM
It's just beyond my belief how things like this can happen. I feel so much sadness and sorrow for the victims and their families. Innocent people and children deserve much more than this. We as a nation have a very hard job ahead of us, quit ignoring these shootings and put a stop to them.