PDA

View Full Version : Can't get into my Lycos email account

Peter Stahl
12-18-2012, 6:59 AM
Anyone else having trouble logging into your Lycos account. I get a error that says "Registration Middle-tier is down." I've tried it with Firefox, IE & Chrome but no luck.

Ralph Boumenot
12-18-2012, 9:46 AM
My cox email was down for almost a week. I lost it last wednesday and got it back yesterday (monday). Maybe the same thing is happening to you.

Bryan Slimp
12-18-2012, 9:49 AM
I didn't even know that Lycos was still with us. I thought it was on the scrap pile of the dot.com bust.

Whenever I see someone with a black lab I always say, "Here Lycos" and no one ever understands my joke.

I'm also a Cox customer and it was weird not being able to access email for three or four days. Good luck and I hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

David Weaver
12-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Raise your hand if you saw the title of the post and assumed that it was from 2002 or earlier!

Anyway, the problem is with them, and not you. All you can do is wait it out unless you have some sort of contact information for their technical support.

Peter Stahl
12-18-2012, 3:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize Lycos was such a dinosaur.

David Weaver
12-18-2012, 4:22 PM
They were definitely one of the earliest. I remember going to college in 1995, getting permanent access (ethernet) and using lycos a lot. I wonder what their corporate history looks like, i thought they got bought a while ago after a failed rebranding.

I remember lycos and go.com from early on. There wasn't nearly as much out there in those days, and the ad redirecting and all of that garbage didn't exist...at least not that I remember.

glenn bradley
12-18-2012, 6:47 PM
Raise your hand if you saw the title of the post and assumed that it was from 2002 or earlier!

No kidding. Who knew? I just went to lycos.net and there was the dog logo and everything. What a stab from the past.

Peter Stahl
12-18-2012, 7:00 PM
It's back up again & the dog still looks the same. No message as to why it was down. Only use it for crap mail like facebook stuff so I didn't miss much.

Erik Loza
12-18-2012, 9:39 PM
My mom still has had the same Juno account since the mid 90's. "But if I change, my friends won't have my email address any more.". I quit trying a long time ago....

I have probably a thousand customers in my database and don't believe there is one Lycos account (or Juno for that matter). Just an observation.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Curt Harms
12-19-2012, 8:27 AM
My mom still has had the same Juno account since the mid 90's. "But if I change, my friends won't have my email address any more.". I quit trying a long time ago....

I have probably a thousand customers in my database and don't believe there is one Lycos account (or Juno for that matter). Just an observation.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Don't knock Juno :). It's a good 'second' (or third) email address. Their dial-up software sucked but it ran on I.E. 4/5/6 so who knows where the fault lie there. Their web mail isn't that bad.

Erik Loza
12-19-2012, 9:48 AM
Don't knock Juno :). It's a good 'second' (or third) email address. Their dial-up software sucked but it ran on I.E. 4/5/6 so who knows where the fault lie there. Their web mail isn't that bad.

Hahaha.... My mom loves Juno. But then again, she is still on 56K. Giant Dell Dimension tower on her desk, about 10 year-old LCD monitor whose entire color spectrum appears to be varying shades of "blue", and some ancient corded mouse. "It all works fine, kiddo". Gotta' love your folks.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA