PDA

View Full Version : Laser wont fire

Joe Hillmann
12-17-2012, 7:26 PM
I replaced the bearings on the head of my laser and when I went to fire it up it wont fire anymore. I tried calling universal but they are closed for the night. I tried putting the laser cartridge from my smaller machine into the one I replaced the bearings on and it also won't fire. Can anyone help me out on what the problem is?

Dan Hintz
12-17-2012, 7:42 PM
All magnets and magnet sensors in place?

Joe Hillmann
12-17-2012, 7:52 PM
All magnets and magnet sensors in place?

They all look to be working like they should. The red warning light flashes whenever one of the doors is open and doesn't flash when they are all closed.

Joe Hillmann
12-17-2012, 7:57 PM
The X Y X and rotary axeses all work. The laser tube/cartridge I have in the laser at the moment works as it should in another laser, and in the past I had this tube/cartridge in this laser so I know it works either way. I can not test the tube that is supposed to be in this laser in the other one because it is to big to fit.

Joe Hillmann
12-17-2012, 8:06 PM
The manual mentions a fuse but it doesn't say where to find it. Where would the fuses be in a universal laser?

Joe Hillmann
12-17-2012, 8:54 PM
I got it to work, I disconnected every connection and started pulling boards out of it and reconnected them all. Right now the red dot doesn't work but I can do without that for the rest of the night. At this point I have no idea what the problem was or why it happened when I changed the bearings but I am just happy to have it running again.

Joe Hillmann
12-18-2012, 12:15 PM
When I came in this morning, the laser didn't work again. I called universal and in about 5 minutes they had me up and running again. They didn't know how what they told me what to do fixed it or what the problem even was. After I hung up I hooked up the rotary to the machine and the problem came right back. I called universal back, we came to the conclusion that the tube had died(although I doubted that). After I hung cleaned up and re oiled the bearings that were bad and put the laser back together exactly as it was originally and now it works perfectly again.

At this point I realize since I never figured out the problem or actually fixed it it could come back at any moment so if anyone can figure out what the problem is/was it would be a huge help.