PDA

View Full Version : SignLab 7/Vision Pro 7 software Help

Dave Gates
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, we have Vision Pro 7/Signlab for our Phoenix 1212 engraver. Recently it's been acting up. When we open up old files and start new layouts, the program draws a box around the edge of the plate size (like when you double click the Rectangle Tool in Corel). If it goes unnoticed the box is sent with the job and engraved (which we don't want obviously). The edge is black so you can't see it unless you select the object and delete it. I've read through the manual and help menu a few times now but no luck finding a solution. Any suggestions besides reinstalling?

Mike Null
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Is there any chance that the frame text compose icon is selected? I can't seem to replicate the problem on mine.

Dave Gates
12-17-2012, 2:11 PM
hmmm...I just checked and the frame text compose is not selected. The computer was recently updated. I wonder if that might cause issues with software.

I opened a few saved files and new documents...it's still doing it on some.

Mike Null
12-17-2012, 2:33 PM
Take a look at recent posts regarding MS updates and Corel fonts. It's possible the updates may affect SignLab fonts as well. I haven't updated so haven't seen the problem.

Dave Gates
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Mike, I think we got it. I restored back one update and that seems to have corrected the problem. I did find the option causing it too. Under the Plate Size menu in the advanced area there is a check box labeled "Plate Size Object." This option kept getting checked which caused the program to draw the box to the size of my plate. So far it seems to be working.

Thank you for the help.