PDA

View Full Version : Woodworks 2003-2004

Ken Salisbury
05-06-2003, 7:38 AM
Woodworks 2003 - 2004 has updated their web site with detailed information on their upcoming woodworking shows beginning October 10th in Indianapolis. You may want to mark your calendars with these events. I will be personally participating in the Nashville show along with Joy Barber with a "pen turning booth" and representing Saw Mill Creek.
<p align="center">
Woodworks 2003 - 2004 Shows (http://www.woodworks2003.com) </p>

Jim Izat
05-06-2003, 1:11 PM
Sure wish I lived near enough to one of these shows to actually go to one. I've heard great things. Maybe someday they'll put one in Dallas or Houston.

Jim

Mike Circo
05-06-2003, 1:39 PM
Damn! They split the difference again.

Either 4 hours to Indy, Or 6 hours to Minni.

What, Did someone in the Chicago area Offend these folks?

Bill Roland
05-06-2003, 2:07 PM
Ken, Keep reminding us of the Nashville date. You know how us older folks are. We sometimes(usually always) forget.

Bill Roland

Judy Frank
05-06-2003, 6:06 PM
Thanks Ken for getting the word out on WoodWorks. Stay tuned folks -- more information and details will appear continuously. We've been working our web guru to the bone. Poor guy doesn't remember what sleep means anymore...

And to Mike and Jim. Nothing against Chicago or Houston or Dallas, at all! We are being careful to grow the number of WoodWorks events to a manageable number. Each event is hand-crafted especially for that market. We'll let you know when we're planning on the Chicago area or Houston or Dallas. Probably won't happen too soon though. Does the Chicago area really want 3 woodworking-type shows? Looking forward to meeting lots of SMC'ers and other friends.

Okay folks. I wish I could drop in more often and dialogue with everyone, but alas, I need to go back to planning WoodWorks. If you have any ideas, suggestions, feedback or just want to drop into my atmosphere, please email me directly. It would be great to hear from you.

Until later, take good care and

Work safely,

Judy

judy@woodworks2003.com:)

Mike Circo
05-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Judy,

Does the Chicago area really want 3 woodworking-type shows?

No, we just want one GOOD show.

And if positioned correctly, the "CheeseHead" folks would be welcome too! :D

Judy Frank
05-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Thumbs up for a GOOD show, Mike. Appreciate your opinion and voicing it.

Work safely,

Judy

Jim Becker
05-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by judy frank
We are being careful to grow the number of WoodWorks events to a manageable number. Each event is hand-crafted especially for that market.

Judy, I have to say that the Woodworks show (Ft Washington in my case) is about the best I've attended...(other than that huge, candy store called IWF in Atlanta which is a whole different kind of event!) Tailoring each to the local marketplace is a most excellent idea, too.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to the next event!

Charles McKinley
05-07-2003, 4:26 PM
I will make the Ft. Washington show this year. Pittsburgh and Harrisburgh shows just didn't impress me. The classes and free demos were great though.

Jim Young
05-07-2003, 6:05 PM
All long drives for me too. Would like to see a show in the Detroit area, seems that every time I go to a woodworking show here it is packed with people.