PDA

View Full Version : Unifence falling off...

Steve Rozmiarek
12-17-2012, 10:01 AM
My jobsite saw has a Unifence on it, and it seems to be obnoxiously touchy about the lever getting turned the 1/8 turn and it falling out of the lock slot. Something does not seem right, but this is the first one I've ever actually used, is that normal? If so, it's getting "fixed" somehow...

Bill Huber
12-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Steve I have no idea what you are talking about, I have never even seen a Unifence but silicone will do wonders for a lot if things. It will hold but still let you turn it when needed.

Chris Rosenberger
12-17-2012, 1:07 PM
Steve, there is a set screw on the bottom in the center of the locking shaft. Between the locking shaft & screw there should be a small spring & small steel ball. Remove the set screw, then, if they are there, remove the spring & ball & any dirt that might be in the hole. Check that the spring & ball are in good condition. If they are, reinstall the ball, spring & set screw. Tighten the set screw until you can feel tension on the locking shaft. If that does not solve the problem, then the grooves in the shaft that the steel ball rides in are worn & the shaft will need some work or need to be replaced.

Steve Rozmiarek
12-17-2012, 8:21 PM
Hey, thanks Chris! That worked, there was some yuk in there, and a shot of silicon when I find mine....