PDA

View Full Version : 2012 - The NFL Year of the Rookie Quarterbacks?..........

Ken Fitzgerald
12-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Is is just me or is everybody impressed with the rookie quarterbacks that are playing this year in the NFL?

From RG III and Cousins with the Red Skins.....Luck with the Colts.......Wilson with the Seahawks.....what a great bunch of rookie quarterbacks. When they are interviewed it's obvious they are intelligent and show a wisdom beyond their young years.

Sure seems like a special crop of rookie QBs to me this year!

Bruce Page
12-17-2012, 1:16 AM
I agree, and the old man is doing a good job for the Broncos too!

Todd Burch
12-17-2012, 7:55 AM
Not a bad Heisman winner this year too - a Freshman @ Texas A&M! (My son went to school with Luck way back in elementary for a year)

Troy Turner
12-17-2012, 9:24 AM
There is a good class. And unfortunantely, two of them have beat the 'Boys :(

Jeff Monson
12-17-2012, 9:55 AM
Dont forget about Blair Walsh, not a QB but quite a year for a rookie. I'll agree Ken, the rookie QB talent pool is impressive this year, should be interesting when they get a couple years under their belts. I'm most impressed with RG3 and Wilson, hopefully both can stay healthy.

Steve Friedman
12-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Agree, but Kaepernick is not a rookie.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Steve....thanks for the correction! This appears to be his 2nd year.

Paul McGaha
12-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Most of these guys are running qb's. Except Andrew Luck.

I just don't know if their health will hold up considering the hits these guys are taking.

RG3 has had a concussion and hurt his knee this year. He looks to me like a super talent and a really nice young man but I don't see his career lasting too many years with the hits he's taking.

Michael Vick is similar to these guys, he gets hurt a lot. I don't know that he's ever had a year where he didn't miss some games.

PHM

Jim O'Dell
12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
You are exactly right Paul. And I sure wish the Cowboys had been in the running for my fellow Bear, RGIII. He is the perfect mesh of talent, confidence and humility in my book. All of last years QB picks seem to be in this mold. Kudos to their parents and coaches along the way that instilled and fostered this trait. Jim.

jared herbert
12-17-2012, 12:20 PM
HIs team mate #28 is going lights out this year too after a potential career ending acl tear

Kevin Bourque
12-17-2012, 6:35 PM
I went to a high school championship game last Saturday and was astonished at how good all the players were, not just QB's. I think there were 10 or 11 touchdowns scored. The starting lineups were announced and it seemed every player was 6'-4" and 250 lbs.

Roy Turbett
12-17-2012, 11:29 PM

I just don't know if their health will hold up considering the hits these guys are taking.

RG3 has had a concussion and hurt his knee this year. He looks to me like a super talent and a really nice young man but I don't see his career lasting too many years with the hits he's taking.

Michael Vick is similar to these guys, he gets hurt a lot. I don't know that he's ever had a year where he didn't miss some games.

PHM

The Skins are looking smarter all the time for taking both RG3 and Cousins. I watched Cousins for three years at Michigan State and he's going to be a great understudy and future starter like Aaron Rogers was at Green Bay.

Steve Friedman
12-18-2012, 8:41 AM
I went to a high school championship game last Saturday and was astonished at how good all the players were, not just QB's. I think there were 10 or 11 touchdowns scored. The starting lineups were announced and it seemed every player was 6'-4" and 250 lbs.

Kids are definitely bigger these days, but high schools are notorious for exaggerating the size of their players. My son was always listed as being at least 2" taller and 20 pounds heavier than he really was. I think it's an intimidation tactic.

Steve

Greg Peterson
12-20-2012, 12:36 AM
This seasons rookie QB's are a nice surprise. Unless Wilson and RGIII find a cure for their happy feet and learn to love the pocket, they are going to have short careers.

Curt Harms
12-20-2012, 8:36 AM

PHM

I think Mike Vick had one season out of 10+ that he started all 16. But Mike ain't the brightest bulb in the string, and now he can no longer outrun most everybody on defense. The assumption in Philly is that he will be a free agent after this seson. He's a classic case of having so much natural talent that he didn't need to learn the finer points of playing his position. When his natural talent tails off, so does his career. From what I read, RGIII, Luck and Wilson have more than just their physical talents going for them.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2012, 9:59 AM
Curt......whenever I've seen those 3 players interviewed, they showed a level of intelligence and wisdom above their young age.

Joe Angrisani
12-20-2012, 10:27 AM
.....Unless Wilson and RGIII find a cure for their happy feet and learn to love the pocket, they are going to have short careers.

Bingo. These kinds of QBs NEVER last.

Greg Peterson
12-20-2012, 4:25 PM
Curt......whenever I've seen those 3 players interviewed, they showed a level of intelligence and wisdom above their young age.

As a very general rule, I think today's players are more media savvy than even just a few years ago.

Curt Harms
12-21-2012, 8:52 AM

Darn shame too;). I liked it better when Danny Snyder was playing Madden with his checkbook instead of a computer.:D It used to be that the other NFC East teams could just about put up a 'W' before they even played on the weeks they played the 'deadskins' . Not so anymore, now that's true of the Eagles.