PDA

View Full Version : Source for under drawer glides..

Roy Wall
04-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Creekers,

Need your expertise please. My wife likes the under mounted drawer glides. WHat are your favorite sources to obtain these - standard cabinet sizes and also little bitty ones.,,, for jewelry boxes, etc....

Thanks all!

Walt Pater
04-26-2005, 5:07 AM
Roy,
Talk about timing. I'm using undermount slides for my latest project. I'm using the Blum Tandem series, which I bought from Eagle America (www.eagle-america.com). They are expensive and a bit more of a head-scratcher (no profanity here) to install than side or bottom mounts. If you get the full extension slides (#562 series), you can also fit a Blumotion closer on them, which closes the drawer oh-so-slowly for the last 2" of its back-travel. The 3/4 extension slides (#552) don't fit this upgrade, but are still self-closing. Blum also makes a Solo series, also undermount, which are a little less costly. If you go with Blum, buy the jig and the drill bits. Mepla also makes some undermounts, just about as pricey: www.woodworker.com. If someone knows of more affordable options, please chime in. I went with Blum because the client really liked the Blumotion closer. I know that there are several good center- mount wooden slides out there. I've just never really done drawers.

Joseph N. Myers
04-26-2005, 7:45 AM
Try CSH (Customer Service Hardware), 1-800-882-0009, www.cshardware.com (http://www.cshardware.com/), Cedarburg, WI.

They have "concealed roller drawer slide", 100lb capacity that are "Blum (Solo) Configuration - Except for the price". They carry both Face Frame and Frameless in sizes 9" to 21" for $3.14 to $4.04 per pair. Prices go down to $2.09 to $2.95 pair by the case (don't know quantity).

They are self closing, epoxy coated - white (other colors available) and even includes rear socket for back mounting. I didn't see any jig to go along with them but you could ask.

To get their wholesale pricing, you must order a minimum of $50. Usually not a problem as they carry a bunch of "must have" products, most at unbelievable prices. And their shipping/handling is about the cheapest around.

Regards, Joe

Ken Waag
04-26-2005, 8:41 AM
I used the Blum Tandem under mount, full extension for my kitchen drawers as I did not want to hide my dovetailed joints. Now everyone that comes to my house has to endure my opening a draw and displaying/discussing the dovetails:D .

As already mentioned, pricey and a liitle extra wrok as you have make notchs for the slides, but its ptretty easy. Just so you can compare, my source has been http://wwhardware.com/ good prices, great service, and their catalog has detailed pictures and explanations from the mfgrs, so you can see what installation will entail and they show exactly how how to measure etc. to make sure you get the right stuff.

Lots of good suggestions here so you'll just have to shop around. Good luck,
Ken

Steve Jenkins
04-26-2005, 9:18 AM
one thing to note on the Blum motion slides is that you need to let the sides extend down 1/2" below the drawer bottom.

Roy Wall
04-26-2005, 8:44 PM
Thank you gentlemen.....as always, SMC to the rescue!!

Nick Mitchell
04-26-2005, 8:59 PM
One other option is Grass.