PDA

View Full Version : Farmers kitchen

Craig D Peltier
12-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Here a half kitchen ( other half at a later date will be completed). I made the boxes out of prefinished maple, the draws are prefinished poplar on soft close. The corner doors are on 170 degree hinges with a 60 degree corner hinge so both doors fold out for easier access on top and bottom cabs. Customer wanted cup handles that high, not sure why she liked that. The finish has no primer. Just the paint and then the sand off then clear over it all. Its a celery color in and old farmhouse.
The sink will be a farmers style from ikea and they haven't decided on counter tops so I couldn't build doors for it since sink sat on top of counters.

Mike Hollis
12-16-2012, 7:16 PM
Very nice work Craig, love the color and the distressed finish, looks perfect for an old farmhouse kitchen. The customer is always right, but the pulls look completely wrong being that high up on the face.

Todd Burch
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice work Craig. That sink back cutout sure is funky! 7 obstacles!

Todd

Matt Meiser
12-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Nice!

Todd, the sink back caught my eye as well!

Craig D Peltier
12-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah there was a lot of stuff back there. Sometimes I take the time to drill them all out but this one was going to make my head hurt on and off day plus the client said she didnt care since all cleaning supplies and trash was going in there..

Nice!

Todd, the sink back caught my eye as well!

Jim Becker
12-17-2012, 6:45 PM
I really like the nice tall uppers, Craig. Great work! Really nice color, too.

Michael Weber
12-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Nice! And i like the color as well. Somehow got to convince my wife she really doesn't want white cabinets.

Matt Meiser
12-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Micheal, we came VERY close to doing painted so we could do hardwood floors (thinking that hardwood floors and hardwood cabinets would be overwhelming.) But one nagging question kept coming back--what color besides white? Color is such a trendy thing. The colors our house was painted when we moved in in 2003, that had been done in about 1993 were all very dated. Greens, Greys, and of course white were the ones that seemed to stand the time-test best looking at older kitchen design books but I also think it depends on the house style.

Jim Becker
12-19-2012, 9:19 PM
Matt, I made our lower cabinets white, but the uppers are green.

http://sawsndust.com/images/kitchen-remodel/kr-tile-2-280.jpg