PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui Water 1 Error

Shane Sura
12-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi there. I have been searching and still cannot find an answer to this so figured I would start a post. I am having an issue with my Shenhui 60W laser. I am in the process of aligning the lens' and trying to test fire the machine. Unfortunately, when I push the Laser button it does not fire and it is followed by a number of beeps and a Water 1 Error please ESC. I contacted Shenhui and they recommended taking the water flow valve off and checking for the obstructions. I did that and did find some garbage in the flow so I cleaned it all out and put it back in. I am getting flow back to the water bucket so I know the water is making its way through the tube. I Am going to contact Shenhui again but with the time difference I thought I might post here to see if others have had the issue. I have checked for kinks and any other flow issues and just not seeing it. Any ideas?

Shane

Shane Sura
12-16-2012, 11:32 AM
To add more info I now know that the sensor itself is working. I was able to take it off and while the machine was running (laser off) turn it upside down. Then when I hit the laser button no beeps. Then sort of hooked it back up and left it dangling and was able to start the laser and test fire (still have to raise the height of the mirrors grr). So it seems to me like it is not getting enough flow to push the sensor all the way but if I help it along it stays open. I am using the dumb aquarium pump that came with it. Any ideas on increasing the flow?

Steven Cox
12-16-2012, 7:23 PM
Shane, I had a similar problem once, check the "dumb aquarium pump" fittings where the hose attaches and make sure its connected properly. On mine the connection was loose so only half the water was going up the hose the other half was escaping back into the container. Because we have a battery system on board we now use a small 12v bildge pump from a boat, the smallest one off the shelf provides about 1.5 times the flow of the "dumb aquarium pump". If your case you could probably power one with a transformer.

The bildge pump we elected to use wasn't a cheap plastic one, whilst the body is plastic, all the internals are stainless steel like the impeller etc... From memory it cost about $45 so it wasn't that dear.

Shane Sura
12-16-2012, 7:47 PM
Thanks Steve. I was considering purchasing another pump as I found one on Amazon for around 40 that had 1300 GPH. Do you know what your bildge pump pushes?

Steven Cox
12-18-2012, 4:49 PM
I'm using a Rule 360 GPH Bilge Pump the model I have can be used as a re-circulating pump, this is an important feature because you'll have the pump running all the time. You don't want a pump with a huge flow because the hose fittings on the tube arn't designed for high water flow. Besides that the lower flow allows for cooling time. I have an 8 gallon cooling system with this pump in theory it re-circulates the water 45 times per hour. That said the flow on mine is a bit restricted because I have it running through a filter just after the pump so I'm gussing it now it re-circulates the water 35-40 times per hour. The filter I'm using is a high flow fuel filter for a car.