PDA

View Full Version : Should I update my Ipad?

dennis thompson
12-15-2012, 10:59 AM
I got a message that an update for my Ipad is available, sometimes updates don't work out so good for me.
Do you think I should update?
Thanks
Dennis

Shawn Pixley
12-15-2012, 11:54 AM
I typically update my IPad when prompted. I don't usually have a problem. If I do have a problem, it is usually limited to an App or two. In general, i think keeping it current works best.

Matt Meiser
12-15-2012, 11:58 AM
The only problem I've had is that iOS 6 broke Wifi sync to iTunes on windows machine--a common complaint on Apples forums.

John McClanahan
12-15-2012, 12:07 PM
With i06 you will loose the built in youtube app and you get Apple maps to replace Google maps. I have stayed with iOS 5.1 for now.

John

Steve Meliza
12-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Read the list of changes, if there is a security fix or other change that you would benefit from then you might want to upgrade sooner than later. However, it is usually best to wait a day or two to see if the update causes issues for early adopters. If you keep regular backups then it should be a snap to revert an update if needed.

Biff Johnson
12-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I've had no problem with Apple updates. Now Microsoft updates (shudder).....

Jim Becker
12-15-2012, 6:07 PM
With i06 you will loose the built in youtube app and you get Apple maps to replace Google maps. I have stayed with iOS 5.1 for now.

John

Google Maps and YouTube app are available in the iTunes store for free; the former was released this week and the latter has been available for some time.
----

OP, I update my iDevices when prompted.

Jeff Heil
12-15-2012, 9:23 PM
Wifi sync doesn't always work as well as prior to IOS 6 with a Mac either, so its not just your Windows machine. I have reverted to using a cable for both my iPhone and iPad until they get it fixed.