PDA

View Full Version : XY Disabled Y

Shelley Leech
12-15-2012, 3:12 AM
I didn't lower my table enough to do a mug and the plunger landed on my mug. My front control panel doesn't respond. The data light comes on when I move the cable at the bottom to lower, but still there is no response. The table moves up and down when I move the cable. I took the rotory tool out and still nothing happens. Sometimes "Job" comes on, but when I send a job to the laser, nothing happens and none of the control buttons work. Can anyone help.

Mike Null
12-15-2012, 5:39 AM
Shelley

Please tell us what kind of machine you have.

Rodne Gold
12-15-2012, 5:40 AM
I assume the autofocus is stuck or damaged..dunno what laser you have , but Autofocus is merely a switch ,you can try disconnecting the wires to it or from it to the motherboard/wherever and trying to reboot

Shelley Leech
12-15-2012, 1:14 PM
Epilog Helix 60 Watt

Shelley Leech
12-15-2012, 1:27 PM
Epilog Helix 6o. Not sure what wires you are referring to. Does there exist a repair manual for Epolog that might show where the wires are?

Gary Hair
12-15-2012, 2:13 PM
I'm sure there is but what you are looking for are the wires coming from the plunger. They may have a connection very close to the plunger, like my GCC, or they may run all the way to the main board and connect there. They should be easy to find and very easy to disconnect.

Gary

Shelley Leech
12-15-2012, 2:45 PM
Are you saying to leave the plunger disconnected? I have had this machine (Epilog Helix 6o) for almost 3 years, but have used it less than 5 hrs a week. Used only the auto so I guess I need to learn to use the manual. Plan is to go full time when I retire. Thanks

Gary Hair
12-15-2012, 3:18 PM
I think you should disconnect it mainly to determine if that is the problem. If so, then you need to decide if you want to replace the plunger. I can't live without my autofocus so my answer would be yes to replacing it.

Gary

Larry Bratton
12-15-2012, 4:15 PM
and...lf it's not working for you by Monday, talk to Epilog tech support. l suggest contacting them via their online Chat. You can find that here http://www.epiloglaser.com/tech_support.htm

Shelley Leech
12-17-2012, 2:59 AM
Thanks all. I tried everything suggested and now I will wait for tech support. Happy holidays.

Henri Sallinen
12-17-2012, 8:50 AM
I had allmost the exact same thing happen. My problem was though solved when I manually lowered the table enough to let the laser get free. (Mine was only jammed and lowering the table and rebooting the machine did the trick.)

Bill Cunningham
12-18-2012, 9:10 PM
The wiring for the plunger on mine is in the ribbon cable that also has the wires for sensor that reads the encoder strip.. Pulling the cable is not an option, I would just remove the plunger and use manual focus. I thought I couldn't live without auto focus too, but when it crapped out, and I removed it, I loved the extra clearance I got once it was gone.. I don't miss it all all now!

Shelley Leech
12-20-2012, 6:40 PM
After consulting with the tec guys, I was advised to change the Y axis motor. Did that and followed instructions, But once I put everything together, my carriage won't move, even with the machine turned off. It seems to be stuck. Suggestions.