PDA

View Full Version : Jim Becker and the Gorilla

mike malone
04-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Chalk up another sale for Jim Becker..I ordered my Oneida Gorilla this am.
thanks for the heads-up Jim-Bob!!! (you should be getting a % on these)

Now i have to wait and see if i'll be an early model without the gorilla logo and WITH a Leeson or Baldor motor.

Salesperson said they'll prob be dropping the 2hp component system eventually.../so there may be close out sales on those units soon.
regards
mike

Jeff Sudmeier
04-26-2005, 8:30 AM
I read this title and I had much different thoughts. (I thought the gorilla would win!)!

Congrats on your purchase!

Jim Becker
04-26-2005, 8:45 AM
Oy veh...what an image.:o

Hey, all I did was post a pretty picture of a big yellow thing. You made your own decision. I think it was a good one, but it was yours to make. There are so many choices for tools these days...it's nice to see support for a company that seems to do a good job for their customers and their local economy.

Mark Singer
04-26-2005, 9:27 AM
"Jim Becker and the Gorilla"

Coming to a theater near you....
I hope its a comedy? Otherwise it sounds scary:rolleyes:
See jim...no good deed goes unpunished!

Hey, all I did was post a pretty picture of a big yellow thing. You made your own decision. I think it was a good one, but it was yours to make. There are so many choices for tools these days...it's nice to see support for a company that seems to do a good job for their customers and their local economy.

Jim Becker
04-26-2005, 9:37 AM
"Jim Becker and the Gorilla"

Coming to a theater near you....
I hope its a comedy? Otherwise it sounds scary:rolleyes:
See jim...no good deed goes unpunished!

'Good thing I don't own one...otherwise, the marquee would read, "Jim Becker and HIS Gorilla"...and I'd be in real trouble. Fortunately, King Kong has nothing to worry about...:o :p

JayStPeter
04-26-2005, 10:54 AM
'Good thing I don't own one...otherwise, the marquee would read, "Jim Becker and HIS Gorilla"...and I'd be in real trouble. Fortunately, King Kong has nothing to worry about...:o :p

Until I read that comment, I was thinking about the "Any which way but loose" movies. Now I have an image in my mind I badly want to get rid of :eek:
:D

Jay

Curt Harms
04-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Until I read that comment, I was thinking about the "Any which way but loose" movies. Now I have an image in my mind I badly want to get rid of :eek:
:D

Jay

Clyde was GREAT! :D

David Fried
04-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Jim Becker and the Gorilla. Great movie. I laughed. I cried. I dadoed.
A classic story. Boy meets ape. Boy opens blast gate. Well, I don't want to spoil the ending!

Oh yeah, in the spirit of Jim, we do need an image.

Andy London
04-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Jim Becker and the Gorilla. Great movie. I laughed. I cried. I dadoed.
A classic story. Boy meets ape. Boy opens blast gate. Well, I don't want to spoil the ending!

Oh yeah, in the spirit of Jim, we do need an image.

I Love that image...LOL:) Great mascot James!

Keith Christopher
04-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I at first thought it said "Jim Becker the Gorilla" LOL.

Steve Wargo
04-26-2005, 1:14 PM
But I too would like to thank Jim Becker, Alan Turner and all of the guys who have nothing but kind words to say about Oneida. I just purchased a 1 1/2HP internal filter cyclone from them. I'm limited on space and since I only have a band saw I thought this would do the trick. The very helpful rep at oneida also helped out. Great customer service, and I ordered it yesterday. It shipped the same day and should be on my doorstep tomorrow, acording to the tracking info from UPS. Thanks again guys.

John Renzetti
04-26-2005, 2:05 PM
I also thought the subject said, "Jim Becker, the Gorilla. Now since I know Jim I can attest that his knuckles do not drag on the ground when he walks-close but they don't hit the ground. :)
In all seriousness, congratulations on the Oneida DC purchase.
take care,
John

Greg Narozniak
04-28-2005, 9:54 AM
I read this title and I had much different thoughts. (I thought the gorilla would win!)!

LOL That was REALLLY funny!!

Congrats on the purchase you will not be disappointed!

Mark Singer
04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
I am taking the wife and kids to see the movie...I hear its doing well at the box office...the reviewer said that the Gorilla "sucks" :eek: ...I guess in this case its a good thing! I don't have the gorila...I do have the 2 HP Oneida and it has been great!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Oh no!........Jim and "Clyde" .....is this another "On the road to......." series?

Love that avatar! :eek: :D

Jeff Sudmeier
04-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I like the new avatar. I see Jim hasn't adopted it yet though :)

Jim Becker
04-28-2005, 1:51 PM
I like the new avatar. I see Jim hasn't adopted it yet though

The only adoption I'm doing is going to be detrimental to my tool budget. But I can live with that!! ;) My avitar really doesn't need any more hair...even though you don't see most of it, as it were... :D ...but that really is cute!!