PDA

View Full Version : New Drawing Program for Macs

Dee Gallo
12-14-2012, 8:48 PM
I just downloaded iDraw, which is a "Corel-like" program for Macs. I am still learning how to use it, and it is very different from CorelDraw, but it seems to have all the bells and whistles if you can figure them out. Best of all, it was only $25.

So far, I have goofed around with drawing tools and they are okay, although everything is called something else and in a different place, but they work just like CD and there are a few very cool things, like an eraser which will cut one shape into two. I also made a heart shape and filled it with a photo, and that works easily too.

So, I just wanted to let folks know if they didn't already know about this cheap and simple program for Macs.

cheers, dee

joe gay
12-18-2012, 3:59 PM
Hello Dee,

I am new to laser engraving and have used mainly Rhinocam for cnc and Corel for laser engraving. I have a Mac air and would like to use it for designing for both. My question, what is the process for getting files from the Mac to the laser. Do you simply save to a flash drive then load it onto a pc and from there open with the program of choice.

Thanks,

Joe

Dee Gallo
12-18-2012, 4:21 PM
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Creek! You have a couple of choices: use your flash drive as you described or use bootcamp to run CorelDraw. I do both and sometimes send jobs wirelessly to my pc from CorelDraw. In fact, I just got a new iMac and was looking for a possible way to avoid putting Windows on it, but it will take a lot more time to play with iDraw to get to the proficiency level I have with CD right now. So I might end up having to buy Windows 7 after all. ugh. But, it is VERY nice to have both on one computer. I know some people who use Illustrator instead of CorelDraw. Do a search here for threads on that subject, as I believe they send jobs to their lasers directly. I could be wrong.

cheers, dee