PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT is customer service.

Rick Potter
12-14-2012, 3:21 PM
I replaced all the locks in the house with Schlage lever type, about 4 years ago. One locking type in a bathroom started being very difficult to open, so I went to HD an got another one just like it. I noticed on the box it said it had a lifetime guarantee. HD guy said I have to go through Schlage for that, not HD.

I figured it would end up being one of those 'find the original sales receipt and mail it and the lock to us' deals. I almost didn't bother to ask Schlage, but since there was an 800 number on the package, I went ahead and called.

A very helpful lady talked to me, listened to my tale of woe, and said "can you e-mail me your new receipt for the replacement?". So, I did that, and before the phone call was over, she had approved a refund for the new lock.

THEN, I mentioned to her that I had installed an interior knob on an exterior door, and the finish had gone bad on the outside lever. She said it was OK to use it on the exterior, and the finish was lifetime guarantee also. She is sending me a whole new lockset.

Like I said.....THAT is customer service. Well done, Schlage.:)

Rick Potter

Bruce Page
12-14-2012, 5:22 PM
That's good to hear. I have Schlage locksets on my doors.

Shawn Pixley
12-14-2012, 10:07 PM
I have found Schlage to be really dependable (I use commercial, stainless steel on my house for corrosion resistance). It is good to know their customer services are solid as well.