PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat

Donny Lawson
12-12-2012, 9:48 PM
I noticed this tree cut down in someones yard and he was happy to get rid of it. It will take two truck loads to get it all. I also found a nice BIG Walnut tree cut down in another yard but the owner wasn't home but I'm pretty sure he will give it up too. Looks like a busy weekend for me.

Doug W Swanson
12-12-2012, 9:56 PM
Love the color! Too bad you're not closer to Minnesota!

Bernie Weishapl
12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Wow now that is a gloat. That ought to keep ya turning a day or two Donny. lol

Kathy Marshall
12-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Nice gloat Donny! That should keep you busy for awhile!

Steve Schlumpf
12-13-2012, 7:59 AM
Box Elder? Whatever it is - should make for some beautiful turnings! Looking forward to seeing what you create out of it!

Allan Ferguson
12-13-2012, 8:33 AM
Drool, drool, drip, drip.

Lee Koepke
12-13-2012, 9:54 AM
Donny, I do need to come visit you! You find some pretty nice pieces. I have to get back to turning stuff other than pens / stoppers / smaller items....

Donny Lawson
12-13-2012, 8:47 PM
[QUOTE=Lee Koepke;2019097]Donny, I do need to come visit you! You find some pretty nice pieces. I have to get back to turning stuff other than pens / stoppers / smaller items....

Lee, I find more wood in a week than I could turn in 2-3yrs. Most of which goes to a pile to be ground into mulch. I hate to see that happen but my yard already looks terrible from wood piles. I usually cannot pass up some wood. Today was tons of Bradford pear and Hickory. Yesterday was more Maple and pine. Wood is something I am about tired of looking at since it is being cut on a daily basis and I know I cannot bring it all home. I do like Walnut and Box Elder though. My firewood shed is turning into a giant wood storage shed. I inspect every piece before putting it in the heater. My "keep" pile is always growing.