PDA

View Full Version : My new shear just arrived

Daryl Gregg
12-12-2012, 3:26 PM
Just recieved my new Accucutter 3001EVO/13 today.

So far I love it.....Any ideas what to do with my old Scott shear?

Scott Shepherd
12-12-2012, 3:34 PM
Funny you mentioned that, we just got an Accucutter last week! I could kick myself for not having bought one 5 years ago. I honestly can't believe how great the thing is and how well it is built. We went with the 2001EVO. Now I just cut things because I can, not because they need to be cut :)

Tony Lenkic
12-12-2012, 3:35 PM
Daryl you got top notch piece of equipment that you will enjoy for years to come, congrats.
Did you get true square with shear?

Daryl Gregg
12-12-2012, 3:55 PM
Didn't get the true square, can always get it later.
It is a huge step up from the orange Scott shear. Not sure how old the Scott is but I've had it for 25 years & it is just as solid as ever.
Hope the Accucutter has the same kind of a life.

Scott Shepherd
12-12-2012, 9:14 PM
Did you get true square with shear?

We did! It works really well too.

Mike Null
12-13-2012, 8:17 AM
I got a large five figure plaque order a few years back and treated myself to a 4001. It's a monster--soooo much better than my old cutter.

Scott Shepherd
12-13-2012, 9:07 AM
I got a large five figure plaque order a few years back and treated myself to a 4001. It's a monster--soooo much better than my old cutter.

Baby steps Mike, Baby steps :)

I've wanted that 4001 since I saw it at a trade show a few years ago. Honestly, I always thought many in the catalogs were glorified paper shears. Accucutter proved me wrong. That thing cuts .020" aluminum like it's not there. We went with the metal cutting blade and it doesn't cut plastic worth a hoot, but it does a great job on metal. Our first try on plastic, I said "Man, that's disappointing" and then I asked myself "Why would you need to cut plastic anyway, you have lasers for that?". I wasn't able to give myself a good response to that question, other than "Duhhh". So metal cutting it is!