PDA

View Full Version : Curly Woods, FreeStuff May 7th 2003 Winner

Keith Outten
05-05-2003, 8:42 PM
CurlyWoods.com Freestuff

Bill Erskine is the WINNER

Michael Mastin of Curley Woods (http://www.curlywoods.com/) has offered to donate 20 board feet of Curly Cherry, with a retail value of approximately $180.00. The winner of this Freestuff Drawing must agree to pay shipping costs for approximately 75 pounds.

Bill, please contact Mike Mastin to make arrangements to receive your prize and congratulations.

Contact Information;

Curly Woods
Prosper, Texas
Telephone: (972)346-3404
Toll-free: (866)Mr.Woods (866)679-6637
E-mail: sales@curlywoods.com
SMC Private Message = Mike Mastin

Thanks to Mike for his companies generous offer, every woodworker I know can always use quality lumber. Please visit the Curley Woods web site and cruise their Lumber List. They also provide plenty of information of interest to woodworkers.

Please send them an email and say thanks for the donation to our FreeStuff Program and for the great web site.

Terry Hatfield
05-06-2003, 1:21 AM
Wonder what I'm going to build out of that cherry?????:D

Thanks Mike. That is a really nice prize!!!!

Terry

Dave Avery
05-06-2003, 9:09 PM
Thanks Mike...... the solid cherry will go REAL well with the lot of figured cherry veneer I just picked up on E-bay. Dave.

PeterTorresani
05-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks very much Mike.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bill Roland
05-07-2003, 10:42 AM
It's mine mine mine mine!

Rob Bourgeois
05-07-2003, 1:16 PM
Hopefully its me so I dont have to buy it, since I was looking at geting some before the end of the year.

Return to lurking...

John Miliunas
05-07-2003, 8:51 PM
OK. That's it. From now on, a "Free Stuff" winner *HAS* to have *at least* 328 posts and can *NOT* be a moderator or other such "head cronie". Got it?!:D

Ahem. Congrats Bill. Enjoy the Cherry! :D :cool:

Tom Sweeney
05-08-2003, 2:13 PM
with the cherry I have on my shelf now -- Oh well maybe next time HINT HINT ;)

Congrats Bill.

Keith Outten
05-09-2003, 8:16 PM
It's the luck of the draw guys except that I am ineligible to win at all so thank (or wish on) your lucky stars.

The next FreeStuff drawing will be very soon, more and more companies are getting interested in our community and will see the benefit of this program as it's the most effective advertising they will ever see.

Every company that has contributed so far has been pleased with the results they received. I'm planing a FreeStuff donation for my company soon but I will do it a little differently as I intend to do multiple winners. You'll have to wait a little longer for the details.

I Hope everyone enjoys their prizes!

Bill Erskine
05-09-2003, 9:18 PM
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I better start deciding on a project or projects.

I'm a frequent lurker, but don't feel I have much advice to give, so I keep quiet most of the time. Guess its about time I start showing some of my work.

Thanks to both the CurlyWoods.com and the site host.

Bill

Von Bickley
05-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Congratulations to Bill and a big "Thank-you" to Michael Mastin at "Curly Woods" . It's people like Michael that help make SMC the best wood working forum.

Howard Barlow
05-10-2003, 6:43 PM
Thank you Mike!

Bill, I'm only a hop-skip-and a jump from Prosper. I'll pick up the cherry for you. I'll send pics.:D

Bill Erskine
06-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Late last week the curly Cherry arrived, and boy is it purdy. Michael Mastin and his staff at CurlyWoods did a great job selecting and packing the boards. I've include a close-up of the curl typical of these boards.

Not sure yet what I do with them. But we're just about to buy a new home, so I'm sure SWMBO will have lots of project ideas.

Thanks again to Michael Mastin, CurlyWoods and SawMill Creek for making this possible.

Bill

Bill Erskine
06-05-2003, 11:10 PM
The boards themselves...

Bill Erskine
06-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Close up of the curl in these boards...

John Miliunas
06-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Check out Curley! Damn Bill...Those shore are purdy! Nice haul and if LOYL can't figure something out for you to do with them...Well, you know the rest!:D Thanks for posting the pics, except now I'm jealous. (Yeah, I know...That was the idea, right?!) :D :D Enjoy. I'm certain you will. :cool:

Mike Mastin
06-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Bill,

We are happy that you found the wood to be to your liking. We hope to offer another giveaway to the fellow "Creekers" in the near future.