PDA

View Full Version : Don't they say any media attention is good media attention

Brian Ashton
12-11-2012, 3:42 AM
Maybe not this time for Apple

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/444173/australian_police_warn_against_using_apple_maps_ap plication/

When the police in Australia have to issue a public warning that the app maybe hazardous to your health and it should be avoided... (Now where's that LMAO smilie)

glenn bradley
12-11-2012, 8:49 AM
Apple's faux pas with their mapping effort was well beaten up in the press awhile back. Everyone deserves a good black eye now and again to keep them humble.

Phil Thien
12-11-2012, 9:09 AM
I prefer the new Apple mapping app to Google maps.

I cannot fathom how people would actually prefer Google maps.

Seriously, Google has taken me to some places I wish I had never seen. It isn't perfect.

I spoke to several friends that switched to IOS 6 and they had a similar reaction. That is, "what is the big deal, the new maps is fine."

And to be clear, I'm not an Apple fan-boy. I beat-up Apple all the time.

I'm just saying the uproar over the mapping issue seemed to get so much instant traction and take on a life of its own that my normally not-very-conspiracy-minded-way-of-thinking imagines there was some corporate push to the outcry.

Dave Anderson NH
12-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I just posted a group email last week to our guild's hand tools group with a link to the Bing exact location of a member's shop for a meeting this coming Saturday. I works just fine....Unless you try to use an iPad or iPhone in which case it transfers you to Apple's proprietary application and you end up half a mile off. I ended up sending a warning to the email list warning of this problme and giving written directions.