PDA

View Full Version : Powerclipping and laserworks

hugh bunker
12-11-2012, 1:04 AM
{ am using coreldraw X4 and photograve and am having a problem when I powerclip an image in coreldraw. If I try to DL th image to the laser I get an error message in Chinese. If I convert the image to a bitmap it will DL to the laser but the engraved quality is poor. If I use photograv to process the image and don't powerclip it it engraves fine. I have tried scanning the image into coreldraw as a bitmap and then powerclipped and the result is poor also. What I am trying to do is place a part of the image in an oval shape to engrave on a piece of black granite. I can engrave the whole image just fine if I go through photograve but cannot figure ou how to clip it into a shape. Any ideas?

john banks
12-11-2012, 5:58 AM
If you are rastering I would simply convert it to the appropriate resolution bitmap. I would tend not to import a complex vector that will end up being rastered anyway.

Ian Franks
12-11-2012, 7:36 AM
In Corel place the oval shape over your image. Select the oval and the image together, click arrange, shaping, intersect and the part of the image you want to engrave will be isolated. (Delete your original image and your oval). Hope this makes sense.

hugh bunker
12-12-2012, 3:34 PM
Thanks, that works for me.