PDA

View Full Version : Segmented feed roll on 20" Delta planer

Bob Vavricka
12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I purchased a used Delta DC 580 (22-451)planer and one of the segments on the infeed roll didn't line up with the others. When I disassembled it, the misaligned segment didn't have all four bushings (the bushings look like rubber corks and you can see one in the picture). I just disassembled about 5 segments down to the one that didn't line up with the others. The bushings are currently installed such that they are about half way between segments. If they should be just contained within the segment, then I may completely disassemble the roller and see if some of them are compressed. The parts manul shows 20 segments and 80 bushings suggesting that the bushings should just be contained within each segment. The length of the bushing is about 3/16 inch less that the thickness of the segment so if they are pushed tight against each other they would gradually span more between each segment and may be the reason I end up short on bushings. Let me know if you know how the bushing should be installed. Thanks.247564

Bob Vavricka
12-10-2012, 10:30 PM
I decided to just take all the segments off and see what worked out. Turned out to be enough bushings so I put it back together making sure to keep each bushing within the space of each segment. It worked out OK and all the segments lined up as they should. The feed roll is back in place and ready to use once I get the rest of the machine cleaned and adjusted.