PDA

View Full Version : ? about Illustrator with a LaserPro SpiritGX 30w Laser

nate carman
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
hello everyone, im new to these forums but from checking out a few posts it seems like someone out there might be able to help me.

heres the situation, i currently have 2 laser engravers, 1 is a LaserPro Spirit GX, the other is a LaserPro Mercury. i recently upgraded the computers they are ran from (i did not set up the old ones, not sure who did, but they were crazy old comps :) ). so before i could select the option under Print Range "Selection". this would only send what i had selected to the lasers. for example i run alot of award plaques and things of that nature, so i could setup the plaque size and just select the text or image to be lasered.

however, using the same version of Illustrator, o ya, im on Illustrator 10.0.3 (i know i know i need to upgrade hehe). on the new computers, it doesnt seem to matter weather or not this option is on "All" "Pages From:____ To:____" or "Selection" it just sends the entire printable work area to the laser, if its selected or not.

im not sure if im explaining this clear enough but please if theres anyone who can provide some insight, id be sooo grateful, if there is any other information about my setup anyone might need to know to be able to diagnose this issue, please reply and ill do my best to provide whats needed. thanks in advance!

-Nate Carman

nate carman
12-11-2012, 3:07 AM
o also this may or may not be relevant. i had to cut some acrylic patterns out, and i use Corel x4 to do this. i found that the print selected option in corel worked just fine. at first i thought it was something to do with the laser, now im thinking its a setting in illustrator or a plug-in im missing. iv scoured the preferences and help in Illustrator and cant for the life of me find much if any information about the print option to print selected only, anywhere.

Jeff Wilkins
12-11-2012, 7:36 AM
I know this doesn't fix your problem the way you want, but you could move all of the items off of the page that you don't want lasered and then print. If you need it in the center, select the center/smart center option in your spiritgx properties under advanced. Sorry I can't help any more than that.