PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Service A+

john swank
12-09-2012, 9:28 PM
This is my first post. I have been reading these for awhile trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks everybody for all of your help. We received our new Epilog Helix 40 watt laser the end of October. Tonight I had what I thought was a major mechanical issue. I emailed the sales reps for my area (Brad and Craig) at 6:30 pm tonight (Sunday). Both replied and called me by 7:30 pm tonight (Sunday). Problem fixed. I was not expecting any replies until Monday but both replied within an hour on Sunday night. I am super impressed. I have never had that kind of service on anything. Thanks.

David Rust
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi John, I second your comments... My experience has been Nothing less than exceptional service from the Epilog support center.

Dee Gallo
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the Creek, John! You just experienced two of the most common things for a new Epilog owner: coming across some problem that looks horrible but isn't, and having the Epilog reps fix it over the phone in a timely and professional manner. In this day and time, this kind of service is SO appreciated, isn't it? Best thing to learn from this is to always do the same for your own customers.

Have fun with your new toy, dee

Larry Bratton
12-10-2012, 1:33 PM
They are absolutely the best. The main office tech guys will absolutely go the extra mile to see that your up and running. My laser is 5 years old now and unlike most companies.."your out of warranty,blah blah blah" is not an issue with them. I had a computer issue that was causing the laptop to not communicate with the laser via ethernet. Brian J worked at it doggedly until he figured it out. As part of the process, they sent me another new board (wasn't the problem but was the only way to eliminate it). Turns out that the IP address in the laptop had to be directed to be what the IP was that is set in the laser, even with a new crossover cable (they sent no charge by the way).

Ed Maloney
12-10-2012, 6:32 PM
I had a fire that destroyed one of my vector grids. I called Epilog for a replacement and they supplied it free of charge since I just ordered it a few months before.

Mark Ross
12-11-2012, 9:41 AM
And this is why we have two Epilog 36 EXT's and are probably going to have to buy another one next year. I just wish they would come out with a 4X8 foot version.