PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to me -NOT !

Brian Tillinghast
12-09-2012, 5:49 PM
A couple of weeks ago I posted about the $139 I-box deal at Amazon. Great deal , fast delivery. I've been very busy and just tried to put it together today. Got the main extrusion mounted to miter guide and went to put the stock ledges on and it wouldn't slide in. The slot on the end of the body was slightly bent :mad:. I know I didn't drop it, the Amazon box was perfect and the I-box box was also. The corner is ever so slightly tweeked, just enough so the nut won't go in. I could probably bend it without too much trouble. I don't think it's an Amazon problem , my guess it happened at Incra. Do I call Incra ? Amazon ? or just try to fix it ?

Victor Robinson
12-09-2012, 5:58 PM
A couple of weeks ago I posted about the $139 I-box deal at Amazon. Great deal , fast delivery. I've been very busy and just tried to put it together today. Got the main extrusion mounted to miter guide and went to put the stock ledges on and it wouldn't slide in. The slot on the end of the body was slightly bent :mad:. I know I didn't drop it, the Amazon box was perfect and the I-box box was also. The corner is ever so slightly tweeked, just enough so the nut won't go in. I could probably bend it without too much trouble. I don't think it's an Amazon problem , my guess it happened at Incra. Do I call Incra ? Amazon ? or just try to fix it ?

I think either one will take good care of you. Amazon may have you send the old one back and they'll send out a whole new unit. Incra will probably send you the part you need.

Peter Kuhlman
12-09-2012, 6:20 PM
Taylor - INCRA will take excellent care of you if you call. Bet they just ship the part to you overnight based upon my dealings with them. Recommend calling them first thing in the morning.
1-972-242-9975

Brian Tillinghast
12-09-2012, 6:50 PM
Thanks for the phone #. I had no doubt that either one would take care of it. I have a couple of other Incra products that I love. It's the channel on the main body that the stock ledges attach to . It would mean basically shipping the whole thing back. I'll call Incra tomorrow and see what they say.

Jim Neeley
12-09-2012, 8:00 PM
I recommend taking a picture of the problem and having it ready to email to Taylor. I once had a problem with a surface flaw in an Incra/Jessem router lift I bought from them and sent him a photo. He sent the part immediately, offered to walk me through the exchange if I had any problems (it was easy) and left me the old one as scrap. The old one could have been fettled but I expected more from a new lift. He agreed and told me to feel free to fettle it if I desired as a fixed plate. Great folks!!

Jim in Alaska

John Lifer
12-10-2012, 7:12 PM
Good luck, I'm guessing that they'll take care of you. Thanks guys for the heads up, I purchased from Hartville at a few $ less than Amazon. And I got it last week in only 3 days. I ordered on Sunday and had it in hand on Thursday. They shipped out on Monday. I was expecting a week or so. Great service. And mine went together flawlessly. Got ready to use and found my dado insert is in my MS shop. Going down next week and can't wait to try it out.

Brian Tillinghast
12-11-2012, 5:27 PM
Quick update- I called Monday and left a voice mail. I thought I would expidate things by sending an email with pics - thanks Jim. Anyway, no response . Got a call today from Mark. We talked over the situation and he offered me a couple of options. Return and swap it out or bend it back. It was a NO lose for me, if I bend it back and it doesn't work out right, send it in for a swap. If I bend it back and it is fine , I'm in good to go. It bent back with no problem at all. It really wasn't an important part of the jig , just the channel for the stock ledge. Did I mention he is giving me $30 in store credit - which I told him they didn't need to do. Great products, great jig, FANTASTIC customer service.

Mike Heidrick
12-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Amazon should discount it if you keep it and Incra will send the parts - should be cheaper for your trouble.